I almost forgot about elections!!!

The positions are:

Consul

Foreign Minister
    Minister of War
    Minister of Science
    Minister of Trade
    City Planner

Step up and throw your hat into the ring!

I will hope to announce the candidates on June 28th (3 full days) and post election polls then (and I would *like* to be a Citizen for July).

Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
    Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
    Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
    Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Don't crowd the sign-up desk, people; form a nice line please...

Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner

Comment

we have many of them it seems
      The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

am I late...or just alone?

Hmm, will have to take some time figuring out what is going on, so have a little patience with this poor creature

Shade
        PS: I'm back, Chaos and Mayhem, here I come
        ex-president of Apolytonia former King of the Apolytonian Imperium
        "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)
        shameless plug to my site:home of Civ:Imperia(WIP)

Comment

/me wonders why it got so dark...

YAY! The shade is here again!
          Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Welcome back, shade!

Comment

My term of office ends at midnight (less than 9 hours from now). Some people had better volunteer to run for office and lead the game in July...

Comment

We seem to have some difficulty with a new leader and cabinet. It would be a pitty to let the game simply fade away.

If we don't get any volunteers in the next few days, perhaps we could finish it as a comparison game. Everyone who is interested picks up the most recent save and plays it to completion. Win or lose, they post a log and an end game save.

RJM at Sleeper's
                Fill me with the old familiar juice

Comment

I am volunteering for a job, albeit not prez,
                  maybe SMC or cityplanner, but I think it would be nice to have some more victims, so there is at least one/job...
                  (or am I frighting ppl away )

Shade
                  "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)

Comment

If you are worried about frightening people away because you will be on the Cabinet, then they must have known 6 days ago you would be returning!

And if you are worried about frightening people away merely because you have returned, I would be very very surprised. I think you are the very Minister of War/SMC that we need.

Fancy leading a conquest with Crusaders, Musketeers and Tanks? LOL! We are in a very strange and challenging game.

Comment

well then you may put me up for SMC if there is a victim to be our president.

btw. are there specific (new) rules/goals in use?

just started reading the historyposts.
                      [edit]
                      read our history...interesting at least...we can build an army of sticks and stones backed up with tankfire...nice

I most definately want to be in charge of such an army, first building some defensed for our colonised island and then we can kick some but
                      [/edit]

Shade
                      Last edited by shade; July 2, 2004, 11:56.

Comment

Well, unless I get a job, I can't offer my services.
                        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Shade - The 3rd thread from the top lists our game restrictions.

Comment

OK, since no one else can or will serve as Consul in July, I will volunteer for the job again. I don't think I am really the best person for the job in this kind of game, and I really don't think anyone should be the session-player 3 months in a row, but I would hate to just see the game stop unfinished.

Shade as volunteered to be our Minister of War, and I can imagine no better person for the difficult campaigns ahead of us.

If I can at least have someone to serve as Minister of Science (to keep me on the right tech path) and someone to serve as City-Planner (so I won't keep trying to build investment infrastructure), then we can continue in our struggle in this very restricted and difficult game.

Once more into the breach, dear friends...

Comment

Sparrowhawk - Will you act as Minister of Science, advising me of the next couple of techs we should research?

Monk - Will you act as City-Planner, advising me of the worker positions and productions of the cities? And places we should build new cities if that would be beneficial?

And of course, any other volunteers for these or other offices are very welcome.

Comment

Working...
                              X