No announcement yet.

CP orders 1540AD part2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

at the moment we only have 11 active settlers(for 32 cities!)
    /me dreams of 64 Engineers.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

I'd settle for 20.
      Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
      Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
      Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
      Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

Can we get an update on the time it will take us to get to Fundy, and how much irrigation will be done in the intervening time? The irrigation will pay off under fundy, with no unhappiness, and it is only a liability whilst under our old Feudal Monarchy.

What is the rush with roads? Unless we have a force able to use the roads to get to trouble areas they aren't that useful for highly corrupt cities. The irrigation, however, could speed filling the food box allowing for faster Xinning turnaround, and will benefit even more in Fundy.
        Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

reports have been send.

Shade
          ex-president of Apolytonia former King of the Apolytonian Imperium
          "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)
          shameless plug to my site:home of Civ:Imperia(WIP)

Comment

It has just occurred to me that there is a quicker irrigation path; over the Mountain. If we use the Mountain it takes 10 turns instead of the 5 turns for a Grass or Desert square, but that gets us to the useful squares faster.

Path:
            Attached Files
            Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner

Comment

but then again I hope we will upgrade the terrain of Newton sometime in the future.
              (getting rid of the jungle,desert,etc,... )

Shade
              "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)

Comment

It is up to you, of course, but consider that there will be 15 turns wasted irrigating the first 2 Grass and 1 Desert squares outside city borders (plus the 4 non-road movement turns), but only 10 turns wasted irrigating the Mountain (plus 1 non-road movement turn).

19 or 11...

Comment

Irrigating a mountain?

Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                  "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                  2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi
                    Irrigating a mountain?

it won't be the first
                    We would also need to irrigate 2 mauntains to get water to Atomant's Hell and all the cities in that area.

(I'll leave the choice to our notoriuos leader, report was already send)

Shade

Comment

That actually.... works?
                      Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
                        That actually.... works?
                        woeps they can't...
                        Aargghh they CAN'T.
                        Checked our current map...euhm all the hugh bodies of water are ...euhm ...surrounded by...euhm ....... MOUNTAINS

(and to make it even more fun the planet is devided in some sort of patchwork and guess what is deviding the patches...mountains

look...
                        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                        X