CP orders 1540AD part2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CP orders 1540AD part2

After carefull study of the map I have some more questions (look at both maps before voting please)

A) some internal roading.
    the 2 settlers near pax should be doing this job, irrigating and placing the roads as shown in image1

the dot is the location of a new city(from a settler which will be finished next turn in Famine(our settler poping city)...this city will connect our core to the south-pole cities

B) how to annoy Germany,Zululand and America at the same time
    The new NONE-settler near Bonn is living very dangerously. I suggest to build a city with it and turn that then into a fortress.(walls,barracks, good defenders)

but where will we build?
    1) next to the sea
    2) on a hill,(and rush a temple at turn1 since we would be starving when we use 1 worker as elvis)
    3) wait a little untill the dark is explored and build there at a beter location.

Personally I think the longer we wait the bigger the chance we lose the settler to a wandering foreign army.
    Attached Files
    A: Great plan, all is perfect
    22.22%
    A: Only the roads, who needs water anyway
    16.67%
    A: Only the irrigation, anyone can walk on grass.
    5.56%
    A: what a stupid plan, listen to me how I would do it: (see below)
    0.00%
    B: make it a city at the sea
    11.11%
    B: Make it a city on a nice hill
    16.67%
    B: Dark...it pull's me in, go and build in the darkness so no-one can see :evilgrin:
    16.67%
    B: Huh?:confused: city? what's that?
    0.00%
    C: banana road.
    11.11%

The poll is expired.

ex-president of Apolytonia former King of the Apolytonian Imperium
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)
    shameless plug to my site:home of Civ:Imperia(WIP)

The road-plan
    Attached Files
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)

Comment

I would prefer irigation before roads in this part of the world as we get Fundi before Explosives.
      I'd say irigate and grow first then after Explosives build Engineers and roads.

Good cityspot

The Settler and Musketeer were walking towards each other hoping to find a coalmine somewhere along the way.

A city on the coast would be on the route if Zulu and Germans would go to war, besides, if build on a hill at cant be taken by force
      Last edited by atawa; September 11, 2003, 14:13.

Comment

Why not begin the irrigation around Newton from the oasis instead of irrigating terrain not in the city limits?
        Last edited by cavebear; September 11, 2003, 16:10.
        Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
        Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
        Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
        Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

Why not begin the irrigation around Newton from the oasis instead of irrigating terrain not in the city limits?
          It's a mirage.

Seriously, we can't bring in water from an oasis, only from rivers or the sea.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

And if you don't believe Ben kenobi... I tried (and ofcourse failed) to do just that.

@atawa: The idea also is to do the irrigations first then the roads(and it are at least a dozen squares waiting to be irrigated, so that probably won't be finished before the end of next session)

Shade

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi

It's a mirage.

Seriously, we can't bring in water from an oasis, only from rivers or the sea.
              Amazing! I suppose I've tried irrigating from an Oasis in the past, but forgot that it didn't work. I need to learn to write those kinds of things down somewhere.

Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner

Comment

Originally posted by shade
                @atawa: The idea also is to do the irrigations first then the roads(and it are at least a dozen squares waiting to be irrigated, so that probably won't be finished before the end of next session)

Shade
                Just so I am clear...
                are you suggesting....
                1) Move settlers to spot
                2) Irrigate
                3) Road
                4) Move Settlers to next spot

or

1) Move settlers to spot
                2) Irrigate
                3) Move settlers to next spot
                4) Irrigate
                Repeat until irrigation is complete.....then start road building in reverse?

I hope the former, as it involves less moving (which is obviously very time consuming), but I suspect from your post that you mean the latter .

/me Foreign Minister
                "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

I tend to prefer roads to irrigation, at this point in the game. Irrigation helps our cities grow... but just adds unhappiness. And if we want the cities to grow bigger for Xinning purposes, it makes more sense to add a Settler to the city as opposed to irrigating.

Also... once we learn Explosives I would hope a lot of our Settlers would be added to existing cities, to speed growth. We can crank out a lot of Engineers to replace them. I don't think Leo will be captured anytime soon.
                  "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
                  "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

Originally posted by Six Thousand Year Old Man
                    Also... once we learn Explosives I would hope a lot of our Settlers would be added to existing cities, to speed growth. We can crank out a lot of Engineers to replace them. I don't think Leo will be captured anytime soon.
                    We might use them better by letting them found new city's at good spots on the western highway.

Comment

Yes, let our old settlers build new cities.

Once we are Fundy, we never need worry about happiness.

Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

I think we should consider multiple uses for our existing Settlers. In some cities, it might be beneficial to increase the population. But in other cities, it might be best to improve terrain. And a few can certainly establish new cities. But some of them might still build roads and irrigate until our Engineer increase. And we might want to disband Settlers for the shields to help build Engineers.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparrowhawk

Just so I am clear...
                          are you suggesting....
                          1) Move settlers to spot
                          2) Irrigate
                          3) Road
                          4) Move Settlers to next spot

* Sparrowhawk Foreign Minister
                          Surely ...
                          1) Move
                          2) Road
                          3) Irrigate
                          4) Move

That way we get the trade arrows earlier.

RJM at Sleepers
                          Fill me with the old familiar juice

Comment

I agree with you there rjmatsleepers, but this is what shade posted...

Originally posted by shade

Shade
                            so I don't think that is the plan.

Maybe I should leave the clarifying to him though, just in case I misunderstand!
                            "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

euhm... woeps... no it actually was something like this:
                              2 settlers irrigate along the blue lines:
                              1) move
                              2) irrigate
                              3)move to next spot
                              (those cities are already connected with a road, so 1 road should do at the moment)

When finished irrigating they should end up near Newton, from where they move to the red lines and start the road plans:
                              1)move
                              2)road
                              3)move

I agree with building cities with those settlers once we get explosives, but then we will also need to REPLACE those settlers by engineers.(the bold is to make sure no-one forgets that and thinks they just come falling from the sky )

at the moment we only have 11 active settlers(for 32 cities!)

Shade

Comment

Working...
                              X