Our imperium 1180AD--> 1400AD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our Southpole-sub country.
    also trying to become an entity strong enough to widstand barbaric troops.
    Settler is on his way to build a new city at (106,74). This is a site on a river with 1 visible special.
    New settlers are beeing build in Famine to fill this region (the rivers) with cities.An old but good idea of our cityplanner.(don't think of happiness-problems we will be fundi soon then it's all over)

note 1: New Apocalyptica is a magnet for Greek troops(abuse this situation!) they always come from the orange circle over the river.
    note 2: Devastation is size 6 (try not to forget it when you Xin! --> keep it size 6)
    note 3: Phlegeton looks like it will become a magnet for the units of the south part of the American civ(very close to the old Indian cities)
    Attached Files
    ex-president of Apolytonia former King of the Apolytonian Imperium
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)
    shameless plug to my site:home of Civ:Imperia(WIP)

Comment

Well done Mr. President

Comment

Xinning

Our core-cities.

the arrows show the directions from where the Greek knights 90% of the time come.
        For Imperialis they always seem to get stranded just not close enough so those units can be taken out easily with the pressent crusader.

Dominion seems to have reached size 5(ready to Xin I would say). Please don't change the production of the wall's there to something else(eg library or market) for Xinning, reason is you will almost every 4 turns a greek unit appearing close to Dominion.(arrows) Sending out units to post on the mountains might sound like a good idea, but reallity is that everything that crosses the glacier gets killed, our units and the Greek units. It's the best defence you could imagine. Love it, trust it but don't tempt it .

The University of majestica is almost finished(Xin wise and you get it in half the turns)
        Attached Files
        "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)

Comment

South America + what we know of the Zulu's their homeland.
          Attached Files

Comment

Greece (we don't know much about them)
            3 diplo's on their way(2 visible)...maybe we should consider do some city-bribing(for a referenceprice look at the history 300-400G for Halicarnassus)
            Attached Files

Comment

And Finally North America.
              yes I didn't start a full-scale war vs Washington:
              1) It's their capital city--> at least 4 or 5 defenders(muskets in this case)
              2) Wall's
              3) River
              4) look at the numbers of the surrounding cities
              5) Sheol, Styx and Buffalo are still under construction

so this will take quite some planning to take out their capital at once.
              Attached Files

Comment

To the next president/Cabinet

Take a very good look at all the above. This is a lot of info which should be taken into account whan planning anything.

an other note due to our current happinesprob we need a temple in a city before martial art even can be taken into account.
                A temple and 3 defence units are just enough to keep a size2 city happy (3 needs an elvis) so don't just go about disbanding units even if they are way outdated.
                Don't worry about building new cities, it can't get much worse then this, but make sure you can send in a defender asap because a temple will be the first thing you'll want/need to build.

Greek attack routes are very predictable(see above) so there is no need to go and meet them halfway.

To the future President: send me your mail adress so I can deliver you the save and my crown

Good luck to the next cabinet, you will need it.

Shade

Comment

President Shade - An astonishingly great session on your part and the screenshots and explanations were magnificent! I think that may have been one of the best-played sessions under adverse conditions of any of our Civ2 demo games. You may now retire with great honor and applause! Hydey had BETTER (hint, hint) send along your most beloved Amazon Guards to accompany you to ShadowPalace!

It was not expected that you would be able to mount an attack on Washington in this session, so no problem there. The attack will take considerable planning and development whenever it occurs, but I see no possibility of it soon, though it is our next goal.

Great management of xinning, rushing, gold from Barbs, killing attackers, etc.

Oh, and "Bear's Cave"... You are too kind. I positively quiver with embarrassed pleasure over the honor. I will arrange to take up residence there immediately.

Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
                  Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
                  Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
                  Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

Examining the screenshots:

The Greeks have lost 15 Knights and 9 Catapaults!

We have embassies with the Greeks and Amnericans

The Greeks have no allies or enemies they are at war with

The Americans have met the Zulus but otherwise are same as Greeks above

Greeks have 20 cities, Americans 15, we have 30

It is really quite amazing how many techs we have

I am surprised we are 1st in approval rating with all our unhappiness problems

We are holding ground on overall production though our production-per-capita is weak (because we have many cities)

If we take Washington, the American civ may split into different civs (3?)

Cincinnati should be taken before it builds city walls (isn't that an orange line around the city?)

We are developing a really good road structure and the irrigation projects are sensible

It really slows down the Greeks to have to attack us across ice and tundra. Of course that will work opposite when we attack them. We should find better approaches

I love the Barb ship on the pond north of the Greeks. LOL

Sheol should be defended strongly. It is our best launch point against Washington
                    Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner

Comment

Re: Xinning

Originally posted by shade
                      Dominion seems to have reached size 5(ready to Xin I would say). Please don't change the production of the wall's there to something else(eg library or market) for Xinning, reason is you will almost every 4 turns a greek unit appearing close to Dominion.
                      We can easily overcome that by roading the 2 tiles next to the glacier I would think, any unit aproaching will be in city radius so visible, so we can just send out a crook and kill anything that comes too close.

Comment

Re: Re: Xinning

Originally posted by atawa

We can easily overcome that by roading the 2 tiles next to the glacier I would think, any unit aproaching will be in city radius so visible, so we can just send out a crook and kill anything that comes too close.
                        that's what our Chariot of evil is doing at the moment

If we take Washington, the American civ may split into different civs (3?)
                        max 2, Romans respawned as Russians.

Shade

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Xinning

Originally posted by shade

max 2, Romans respawned as Russians.

Shade
                          Good to know. I've never had a civ split in my games, so I wasn't sure what might happen.

Comment

With all those american walls, our foreign minister should start on the wall-softeners.

River defenses with the Musketeers will still be tough!
                            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

This is a good place to consider the defensive value of Musketeers on river with city walls versus Crusaders and assuming both are Vets (assuming the Americans built Baracks).

Exercise to the citizens: Calculate both. How many Crusaders should we need to defeat 3 Musketeers in Washington?

Comment

I guess 3 or 4 crucs/musket...ie at least 15crucs who should have to arrive and attack the same turn and hope we have at least one left that can take the city that turn.

(btw I would guess there would be 4 or 5 of them in Washington (if not 6), the AI loves a lot of defenders in it's cap)

Shade

Comment

Working...
                                X