Our world 960AD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our world 960AD

Rome went down...but there are still Roman cities left(eg Ravenna wich our SMC begged me to spaire even after they killed 2 of our units)

We have Bought Buffalo(only 292G) got a lot of gold from huts and 1 advanced tribe in the North american delta.

History 740AD-->

760AD: a rushbuild warrior takes out our crusader…and the SMC tells me to stand down ; American Elephant spoted next to Antium(when will it try to strike?) German elephant pops up next to Ore.50G from hut…use this gold to rush the barracks in Antium, Kill greek katapult next to Dominion(Dominion is a target the Greek are shooting at...this is the reason I’ll try to make it a real stronghold before following Cityplannersorders)

780AD: disorder in Dominion(the chariot outside) Build the city of Plenty(orders of the previous session)-->2pheasants,silk and wine and a 4square river. Diplomat makes embassy in Chicago:
    Americans have 412G,are a republic, researching Democracy,no techs we don’t have,capital is Washington.,4 cities are building Leo’s. and they have 15 cities. They also are at peace with the Zulu and German.
    Buffalo will revolt for 292G…Pop hut:50G we currently have 225G…I investigate the city…2units defending,no imp,…I might switch our Xin-orders to cash(we’re at a Xin turn) and buy the city)…

800AD: Discover Bombay(American city totally on the south of the map!!!)

820AD: created an International Incident by bribing Buffalo for 292G our city now...I should prepare for counter attacks We Got Buffalo(16G,Size3,Phalanx+Archer)Start temple to get rid of unhappiness. Kill American Elephant near antium. Build Plague(orders of previous session)near Pestilence. Got Cease fire with Americans

840AD got peace with the Germans. Rome has 1 archer and 1 Legion + citywalls.50G from hut. Americans build Leo’s in Washington.

860AD 50G from hut

880AD Americans develop Democracy...do we want it???
    Dominion has 2 Knights knocking at the door...slik...Archer and Chariot take them out . Settler added to Majestica--> started Xinning. Exploring archer takes out Roman Warrior that killed his friend the Cruc. Got 50G from hut

900AD Zulu’s Build Great Wall in Zimbabwe. Discover Sanitation: new options are:{Democracy,Magnetism,Steam engine}I started democracy...reason: I intend to steal it from the Americans=> this would give us a second try in the tech advance tombola.. . maybe we have beter luck then…
    [Rant intermezzo]
    AAAAARRRRGGGG we don’t have Leo’s...damn damn damn
    [/Rant intermezzo]

920AD Cease Fire with Romans...maybe I can get the wounded Archer home. We have over 2000.000 ppl. Got an advanced tribe Kahun on the Riverdelta North of the Americans

940AD Americans switch Govt(prob to Demo). Attacked the Romans

960AD Americans become democracy...no more citybribing.
    Kill an other Greek katapult at Dominion.
    Attack on Rome: I check with Diplo: 1 legion and 1 archer. Cruc attacks--> kills legion, second Cruc gets killed but Archer is serevrly wounded. First knight takes out archer and takes city: Rome(59G Size3...lost city walls )

Shade(screenshots will come soon)
    Last edited by shade; August 14, 2003, 09:22.
    ex-president of Apolytonia former King of the Apolytonian Imperium
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)
    shameless plug to my site:home of Civ:Imperia(WIP)

Buffalo before bribing
    Attached Files
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)

Comment

The current Powergraph. We are still number 2(Greeks are following very close...I think we kept our place because of the new cities: Buffalo,Kahun,Plague,Rome and Plenty.
      Attached Files

Comment

The newly conquered Rome
        Attached Files

Comment

The roman Imperium.. I guess there must be 1 or 2 cities left hidden(at the ends of the road)
          Attached Files

Comment

The South part of the American lands...pity they are demo now...
            Attached Files

Comment

Our North American Cities.
              Attached Files

Comment

Rest of North America
                Attached Files

Comment

voila the saves are send if I forgot anyone please let me know.

Any other screenshots wanted?

Your humble servant and Pharao.
                  Shade

Comment

Democracy?

Discover Sanitation: new options are:{Democracy,Magnetism,Steam engine}I started democracy...reason: I intend to steal it from the Americans=> this would give us a second try in the tech advance tombola..
                    Assuming Invention was not offered...
                    But why Democracy, when you yourself said you intended to steal it? (Sorry, not sure what "tombola" is...)

While Democracy would be needed in the fullness of time, Steam engine was next on the priority list.
                    But it's -- no harm done.

Query: Can we check our lone embassy to see if Invention (and/or other techs) might be available for theft as well?
                    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Re: Democracy?

Originally posted by -Jrabbit

Assuming Invention was not offered...
                      But why Democracy, when you yourself said you intended to steal it? (Sorry, not sure what "tombola" is...)

While Democracy would be needed in the fullness of time, Steam engine was next on the priority list.
                      But it's -- no harm done.

Query: Can we check our lone embassy to see if Invention (and/or other techs) might be available for theft as well?
                      1) of course invention wasn't offered: we already have it.
                      2)sorry but I didn't find anything clear about Steam engine(if the Americans didn't have Demo I would have taken it)
                      The idea is: you get some techs to choose from, none of them is what you really want(nothing going to explosives or leadership/tactics).=> You start researching something you can steal before you will finish the tech yourself=> you will have to choose a new tech and hopefully now you'll be able to choose the one you want.(this is the tombola I meant)

--> you get the tech you wanted in 1 research period(of 25 turns for us now) instead of 2 because you had to finish an other tech first.

3) the ony tech we can steal for now is Democracy, gunpowder might be next when the Americans discover it.

Shade

Comment

So that leaves us, once we steal Democracy:

Gunpowder
                        Metallurgy
                        Explosives
                        Conscription
                        Fundamentalism
                        Leadership
                        Tactics
                        Steam Engine
                        RailRoad

Everything comes from Gunpowder, so once we get Gunpowder, we will start to see some better technologies open up.
                        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

But what's "tombola" ??????????
                          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Tombola in Dutch means something like a lottery.

Comment

sorry it slipped my mind there wasn't an English sounding equivalent....It's to hot to think...
                              I should have been talking about lottery. thx Atawa.

Shade

Comment

Working...
                              X