No announcement yet.

740 AD Minister of War Poll - Organization

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Or we can treat visiting ambassadors to our new zoo exhibit, the 'Glorious Roman Empire.'

Should that not aid our negotiations?
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Just crush them and then we can have fun crushing them again
      The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

If we were to go ahead with the surrounding idea to avoid respawns (they end around 1750AD, I believe...?), then perhaps just a couple of Crusaders would be enough. Not right next to the city, of course, but they could dash in every few turns to check for defenders. What tech level are they likely at? If we know what sort of unit to expect and it's not as advanced as Pikemen, we will be able to take down any defenders easily.
        Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

What is the problem if they respawn?

They will be defenseless anyway and with a bit of luck they'll respawn in someone elses backyard.

Comment

Well if we want to win this game, it ain't going to be through the SS unless we suddenly get REALLY lucky. It's going to be through conquest, and with a map like this we might be searching for lost cities/civs forever, as we won't be able to cover all that much of the map at once. And we can pretty much count out the Apollo Program too, unless another civ gets it and we take it off them - also pretty unlikely.

We will need to kill each civ as we see it without having it respawn elsewhere, so this surrounding idea may be a very good move, if tricky to pull off. A shame - if this was Civ3 it would have the extra benefit of allowing us to "train" our troops against the pathetic Romans forever, giving us Great Leaders with which to build armies!

Having dispensed that little bit of Civ3 Strategy to a forum full of Civ3-haters, I hastily step out of the way of the shower of rotten bananas that suddenly occupies the position from which I was talking...
            Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

"Hate" is such a strong world...
              In fact, the problem is that you're off-topic, MWIA.
              This is the Civilization II forum.
              Don't confuse with foreign strategies.
              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

We are dedicated to a military conquest anyway, so even if we reached SS technology, we wouldn't be able to use it.

Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
                Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
                Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
                Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

Confirming what MWIA said, just read in another thread (Strategy forum iirc) that the "no more respawns" date is 1750 on Deity level.

So we have 1,000 years to round them up...
                  Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                  RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

so even if we reached SS technology, we wouldn't be able to use it.
                    No wonders certainly keeps our ambitions grounded.

I say keep a zoo, and then crush them after 1750. Why should we worry about respawns?
                    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

I didn't know they stopped respawning after 1750. That's good to now. Thanks. So we know a date when we can kill them off safely...
                      Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
                      Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
                      Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
                      Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

Working...
                      X