July NOMINATIONS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• July NOMINATIONS

It's that time again, time for nominations, the new term begins on July 1st and runs until July 31st, or 30th, whichever is the last day of the month Nominations end in 5 days.

Nominated:

President
    shade?
    123John321

Minister of War
    Hydey

City planner
    STYOM/Obiwan (Vacation Trading)

Foriegn Minister
    H Tower
    MrWhereItsAt

Science Minister
    Sparrowhawk

Historian?
    Last edited by H Tower; June 25, 2003, 13:32.

/me would like to continue

I feel I have done a reasonable job as Minister of war and would like the opportunatey to continue for another month.

Our armies morale is very high following our mighty victory over the Japanese at Kyoto.
    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Maybe as Foriegn Minister, I don't know yet.
      Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

I'm moving back home at the end of the month for the rest of the summer.

I don't think I'll run again next term, give someone else a chance.

Sorry sparrowhawk, but I appreciate your support.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

I believe I will step down from public office next term.
          Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
          Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
          Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
          Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

I'll throw my hat back in the ring for Foriegn Minister again, this time I might actually do something worthwhile

Comment

/me nominates Atawa for President

Having been impressed with the level of technological advancement in the most recent term (mainly through huts, but who cares how it came about) I think the most logical choice for President is Atawa, our current Minister of Science.

Further, acting upon Atawa's suggestion that I run for office, I am submitting my name for the position of Science Minister.

Though we may not increase in many technologies over the next term, I promise as Science Minister that before the end of my term, that I will increase the rate at which we are discovering new techs through research.

/me citizen
              "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

SparrowHawk - whatever position you are elected to, I hope you will also remain as our "Geographer of the Known World"
                Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner

Comment

I hope war4ever & STYOM put there hands up this month.

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

I agree Hydey; it's time to see other Citizens step up and provide fresh leadership. Sparrowhawk, War4Ever, and STYOM should take their turns at the helm. They have given good advice and can obviously handle the challenges.

We have had the same people month after month and it is time for that to change.

I want to see what the other citizens will do!

Comment

Originally posted by cavebear
                      SparrowHawk - whatever position you are elected to, I hope you will also remain as our "Geographer of the Known World"
                      I beleive that I have gained an appreciation as a citizen of the "desire for information" which is only available to the President and the Ministers. I have posted in a number of threads requests for more information (screen shots). As a result, should I be elected to the position of Science Minister, I pledge to provide all science related screen shots after every turn sequence, in an attempt to provide the citizens with all available information which in turn will enable them to provide me with informed decisions.

In addition to Science related screen shots, of course I would happily continue to provide a map of the known world.

Further, I would propose to the new regime that changes be made in the duties of each Minister, indicating what screenshots need to be posted by each Minister, and also what needs to be provided by the President. This way, the citizens know where to look for information on each turn, and Ministers get used to providing the same information, and the President can provide those screenshots on his/her list (lessening the job of the President), and any additional screenshots which may be of interest to the populace.

Of course, any minister could also provide additional screenshots which they feel would be of interest to the citizens, the list would only include the required screen shots.

/me apologizes for campaigning before nominations have closed Feel free to criticize my enthusiasm
                      Last edited by Sparrowhawk; June 22, 2003, 23:57.
                      "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

So, who is going to step up and serve as President? We do sort of need someone to do that, after all...

There are participants who have not done the job before who could do it, there are some who have done it before who can do it again.

It will be interesting to see what brave citizen decides to meet the challenge... I'm kind of inclined to support a new name....

Comment

in an attempt to provide the citizens with all available information which in turn will enable them to provide me with informed decisions.
                          Why not take my job?
                          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by cavebear
                            So, who is going to step up and serve as President? We do sort of need someone to do that, after all...
                            This humble citizen is interested...that is if he can get the support of the majority of the ppl(or just the millitary )

Shade
                            ex-president of Apolytonia former King of the Apolytonian Imperium
                            "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)
                            shameless plug to my site:home of Civ:Imperia(WIP)

Comment

Originally posted by shade

This humble citizen is interested...that is if he can get the support of the majority of the ppl(or just the millitary )

If I am re-elected Minister of War I would give you my support as long as you help keep the army happy with war war and more war.

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Working...
                              X