Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, "common law" works here.
    Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
    Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
    Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
    Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

Originally posted by Dre of Compton
      hmm, well if u ever need help with creating an unusual constitution, im ur man(no self flattery intended, im just stating a fact)
      I suspect that anyone writing "im ur man" isn't going to be someone producing a good constitution or deathless inspiration for the ages.
      Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
      Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
      Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
      Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

UK style of "constitution," meaning hardly any at all

De facto rules have worked well enough so why bother messing with the system?
        "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson
        Former Minister of City Planning of the third Civ2 Democracy Game
        Former Minister of Science of the third Civ2 Democracy Game
        Former Imperial Expansion Minister of the first Civ2 Democracy Game

Comment

The discussions on it were nice though

Comment

Originally posted by obiwan18
            Actually, we run on the UK style of constitution.

If it works, use it again.

Otherwise we don't bother with a written, fixed constitution.
            The US "written" constitution is not all that different. The supreme court over the years has shown itself to be adept at "interpreting" what the writing means.

RJM at Sleepers
            Fill me with the old familiar juice

Comment

Originally posted by cavebear
              I suspect that anyone writing "im ur man" isn't going to be someone producing a good constitution or deathless inspiration for the ages.
              well u suspected wrong didnt u, or, it could be that im the only good(or close to good...)15 year old constitution maker where i live but....

anyway, i have no idea how common law works in the way of law changing works, so could someone inform me
              Why does man kill? He kills for food. And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
              "...and on its tombstone it shall read: At least it had a better goto command than Civ 2..." Carolus Rex on Civ3

Comment

A quick summary is in my post.

If we run into a new situation, then we discuss about possible options.

That's pretty much all you need to know for this game. This way we don't have any judges 'intepreting' the constitution to find lots of new stuff not there before.
                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by obiwan18
                  A quick summary is in my post.

If we run into a new situation, then we discuss about possible options.

That's pretty much all you need to know for this game. This way we don't have any judges 'intepreting' the constitution to find lots of new stuff not there before.
                  It may be worth adding that we don't have to be slaves to precedent. If the circumstances are different, we don't have to do what we did the last couple of times.

But these sort of situations are pretty rare.

RJM at Sleepers
                  Fill me with the old familiar juice

Comment

Saves time.

Who wants to spend time arguing over a constitution when one could be playing the game?
                    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
                      There's something to be said of having one final authority, even if I do say so myself.
                      "It's not about whether you win or lose, it's about how many people you can slaugher playing the game...." - BruceTheStupid, 2400BC.

Comment

Ahh, cood point obiwan, nothing other than that statment could sway me from the path to constitutionalism(i hope i spelled it right....)
                        Why does man kill? He kills for food. And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
                        "...and on its tombstone it shall read: At least it had a better goto command than Civ 2..." Carolus Rex on Civ3

Comment

Working...
                        X