The Triumvirate city-state of the Apolyton Imperium! 3150BC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Triumvirate city-state of the Apolyton Imperium! 3150BC

Turns have been played. I have had issues with uploading, but I have managed to resolve those so here are the results of the latest set of play.

It is now 3150BC.
    The hut popped ended up another Archer, which was homed to Imperium (doh - I should have popped that sooner). Further exploration revealed Iron and another tundra special East of the lake - good for production earlier on. The settler turned back to the West to what looks like the best place for a city - access to the lake, multiple shielded grasslands and two specials with 4 resources each!

Meanwhile the new Archer stumbled upon an advanced tribe to the East of the lake, named Dominion (once again I make up the names on the spot - must start a city naming thread now ), fortunately located in grasslands

Meanwhile Majestica was founded and the NONE Archer found and popped another hut - Barbarians! There is jsut the one Horseman, but he certainly poses a threat to Majestica. I expect he will attack the Archer and die a death of 1000 piercings, but we must be ready to buy a warrior or two anyway.

Horseback Riding was discovered, and we have just started this turn on the way to Alphabet.
    I realise I haven't changed the builds to Horses, but we haven't lost any time there.

Here come the screenshots...

The bulk of our lands

Lands around the capitol Imperialis

The Big Five

Demographics

There are only a few questions - which directions do we keep exploring? The northwest, being all grassland, appears to be a good option once the barbarian is dealt with. The east may be good, but it is looking somewhat mountainous.... Do we need to rethink our tech strategy with more knowledge of the terrain? And once we've got some Horses exploring, what to build next?
    Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Well, for starters, we obviously want to attack the Barb horse with the Archer.

I like the placement of the cities. Even that advanced tribe one is OK.
    Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
    Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
    Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
    Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

explore and expand NE, we should use the gold asap as we are 7th in trade

Comment

Originally posted by cavebear
        Well, for starters, we obviously want to attack the Barb horse with the Archer.
        I think that might be difficult(I guess the hut just got popped?)...but the horsemen will probably attack(and die )

Nice work...an advanced tribe

Shade

PS: Trimuvirate...???I know a Triumvirate(although that means ~ 3-men-chip...=> Triumurbate )
        Last edited by shade; April 26, 2003, 06:47.
        ex-president of Apolytonia former King of the Apolytonian Imperium
        "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)
        shameless plug to my site:home of Civ:Imperia(WIP)

Comment

Er, Triumvirate is what it was supposed to be - a Rule of Three, as at certain times during the Roman Empire.
          Consul.

Comment

I see triumvirate

Comment

hmm, two consuls and an outsider, i wonder if we could fit that into this game......
              Why does man kill? He kills for food. And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
              "...and on its tombstone it shall read: At least it had a better goto command than Civ 2..." Carolus Rex on Civ3

Comment

Triumvirates were usually a military leader, a rich person, and someone with a good political network.

But that's just a point of fact, as we are a democracy.
                Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
                Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
                Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
                Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

Well, it sounded good, and I was feeling very into it, so that's where the name came from... :shrug:

Oh, and I'd like to play again Tuesday pm my time = Tuesday am US and Europe time. Having suffered enough delays, I want to do as much as possible in these early easy goings before being ousted by an election or military coup!
                  Consul.

Comment

Originally posted by cavebear
                    Triumvirates were usually a military leader, a rich person, and someone with a good political network.

what do u mean usualy, there were only two sets of triumvirs, the first led by Iulius caesar, and the later by Octavinus caesar, but yes i do see ur point, but atleast in the first trimvirate the triumvirs were either consuls or ex consuls, so each of them in had ur three qualities and in the second trimvirate all of the members were dynasts and exconsuls if not consuls at the time

but my origional point was, why couldnt we have a roman style democracy (even though they were a republic...) where we elect three leaders (even though the romans elected two...) i Know we couldnt do it in this game, it might be possible to do it in the next
                    Why does man kill? He kills for food. And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
                    "...and on its tombstone it shall read: At least it had a better goto command than Civ 2..." Carolus Rex on Civ3

Comment

An idea worthy of discussion Dre - keep it in mind for the next game.

But remember those rules of three were not without plenty of disagreements. We would need to find a way to get over any such hurdles. There's something to be said of having one final authority, even if I do say so myself.
                      Consul.

Comment

I think having a single civilian commander-in-chief has been one of the keys to the United States working as well as it has, though obviously not without abuses. But overall it has been good. Keep that authority in the hands of the President.
                        "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson
                        Former Minister of City Planning of the third Civ2 Democracy Game
                        Former Minister of Science of the third Civ2 Democracy Game
                        Former Imperial Expansion Minister of the first Civ2 Democracy Game

Comment

hmm, well if u ever need help with creating an unusual constitution, im ur man(no self flattery intended, im just stating a fact)

Comment

Originally posted by Dre of Compton
                            hmm, well if u ever need help with creating an unusual constitution, im ur man(no self flattery intended, im just stating a fact)
                            Don't worry, I think we can find plenty out there already
                            "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson
                            Former Minister of City Planning of the third Civ2 Democracy Game
                            Former Minister of Science of the third Civ2 Democracy Game
                            Former Imperial Expansion Minister of the first Civ2 Democracy Game

Comment

Actually, we run on the UK style of constitution.

If it works, use it again.

Otherwise we don't bother with a written, fixed constitution.
                              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Working...
                              X