No announcement yet.

average post length

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PCRs suck. Ming just gave me on of those. BTW I think a "Civ3 sucks thread" would get locked really fast and you'd probably get banned if you did it to often.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Heck, we are even graced with the presence of War4ever and Dr Spike.

Clearly a prime location for spam sharks.

That being said, we always need new members.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

sabrewolf= please realize, though, that many people who post in threads here just to spam or to troll receive PCRs and have in the past.

It happens, it just hasn't happened recently for some strange reason.

It's not as if Mark and Dan and Ming just let this spam go unnoticed- don't worry, they usually have control of it!
        -->Visit CGN!
        -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Re: Re: average post length

Originally posted by Lazarus and the Gimp
          Think about it. It takes 6 words to ask "Why was my thread closed, *****?". Try explaining a Civ 3 strategy so concisely.
          "Build **** loads of units. Attack"
          Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
          "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

I think the most obvious comment has been overlooked.

Its not the length of your post that matters..... Its what you do with it...

Though I did know a girl once who said that girth was more important than length.
            (+1)

Comment

well, with length i meant average characters. by eye it's easier to distinguish how many lines there are. for a DB-query the length of the string is easier (no parsing and looking for those ...+chr(13)+chr(10) or the
              s)
              - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
              - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

Well there you have it, Sabrewolf. You've just taken 32 words, two emoticons and a formula to say something that could have been summed up in four words.

I hope to God I never inadvertantly ask you for directions to the nearest off-licence.
                The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

sorry (<-- short enough? )
                  - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
                  - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

Originally posted by Taz
                    I think the most obvious comment has been overlooked.

Its not the length of your post that matters..... Its what you do with it...

Though I did know a girl once who said that girth was more important than length.
                    But the girth of all posts is equal.

Comment

Nah, if you attach a large picture then you can screw up the forum's girth.
                      <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Or put a very long sentence inside some code tags.
                        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Obviously some posters have given a lot of thought to girth increasing measures.

Comment

hi ,

average post lenght ; its quality that counts , not quantity , .....

short brief to the point messages tend to be used the most , however there are plenty of threads where people post lenghty detailed information , .... they are also good quality but most people dont bother to read lenghty posts , ....

have a nice day
                            - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                            - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                            WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

btw spamming could be stopped by giving some kind of "value" to the posts of OT forum, as 1 post count every 10
                              I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

You think that would stop OT spam?

Comment

Working...
                                X