Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When Ming deletes a thread, do we lose posts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When Ming deletes a thread, do we lose posts?

When a thread gets deleted, do we lose all posts made in that thread from our post count or do we get to keep them?
    Up the Irons!
    Rogue CivIII FAQ!
    Odysseus and the March of Time
    I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Yep I'm pretty sure we lose them. This happens when anybody else deletes our threads as well...
    Last edited by Ren; August 19, 2002, 04:35.
    I only did one thing wrong today ... I got out of bed
    "Damnit, is it possible to spell medievel right?" -SilverDragon

herr_ren@gmx.net

Comment

Er no - I'm more or less certain that deleting a thread doesn't delete the post count. Good thing too, otherwise I would never have got the custom avatar...
      (+1)

Comment

perhaps an official confirmation of this (hini hint...)?
        Up the Irons!
        Rogue CivIII FAQ!
        I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Comment

As far as I'm aware, your post count is decreased whenever a thread or your post has been deleted. I think that I've observed it...

Well, after someone deletes this thread, we can check, right?
          Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
          I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

yeah, I suppose...
            Up the Irons!
            Rogue CivIII FAQ!

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
              As far as I'm aware, your post count is decreased whenever a thread or your post has been deleted. I think that I've observed it...

NO... when a thread or post is deleted, it DOES NOT change your post count. Once you have posted, it counts. Unless you are given a PCR (post count reduction) by a mod, or the Data Base screws up, your post count never goes down.
              Keep on Civin'
              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I've occasionally noticed my "ranking" in the members list jump up or down a place, with no obvious reason. The people directly above and below me do not change, and I see no uberspammers that could account for the displacement.

Do you often augment post counts, in addition to giving PCRs? If not, any ideas what could be the cause?
                One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

IIRC, the fact that post count doesn't go down when a thread/post is deleted was a large part of the reason that posters aren't allowed to delete their own posts; if they could, then they could go to a rarely used forum (like Civ-Mac) and spam to their heart's content, delete their posts before a Mod notices, and make Deity overnight.
                  <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

When Ming deletes one of your posts, he take a small part of your soul. When hes has deleted 1024 of your posts you become a cyber rodwraith, totaly subject to the will of the holder of the one master banning rod.

Edit, Come on now guys, this post was a least worth a chuckle!?!
                    Last edited by Lefty Scaevola; August 19, 2002, 19:33.
                    Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
                    Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
                    "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
                    From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

Heh. If our PC would go down when a thread is lost, then what about the myriad of old threads not archived? I doubt we'd have Deitys here at all.
                      Last edited by Kassiopeia; August 18, 2002, 13:24.
                      Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

When you move a thread from the OT to the On topic, does that add to people's post counts?

Just wondering?
                        -->Visit CGN!
                        -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Originally posted by DarkCloud
                          When you move a thread from the OT to the On topic, does that add to people's post counts?

Just wondering?
                          Nahhh... It's a matter of where the thread is when you originally post to it. If it's on topic, you get a post, even if the thead is moved to the Off Topic forum later. And you don't get a post if you post in an Off Topic thread, and then it is moved to an On Topic forum later (rare event...VERY RARE )
                          Keep on Civin'
                          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Why worry about post counts at all? BFD, I say.

(+1)
                            <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

BFD?
                              One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Working...
                              X