Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When Ming deletes a thread, do we lose posts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TKG, you better trust Ming... he does the dirty job all the time, and knows better.

As for permament mods, nag Markos on the forum...
    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
      As for permament mods, nag Markos on the forum...
      we do, but i don't think he reads it

Comment

He reads this forum though...

Comment

TKG,

most bulletin board software I have experienced don't decrease your PC for removed posts, so if 50 of your messages get removed, your PC won't be altered.

A BBS moderator.
          "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Originally posted by TKG
            Are you sure? my PC is now 808. when you go into my profile and click "search all posts by this user" it comes up with 810. i've never posted in the OT before () and i'm pretty sure i've never had a PCR (and if i did, who would give a PCR of 2?).
            You may have posted in threads that had been moved to the OT without you noticing (even if the link was from and on-topic forum).
            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by Ming

NO... when a thread or post is deleted, it DOES NOT change your post count. Once you have posted, it counts. Unless you are given a PCR (post count reduction) by a mod, or the Data Base screws up, your post count never goes down.
              Are you sure Ming?

That would mean that Makros has another hack on the forum. vBulletin does by defaoult reduce the post count when a post (or thread with posts) is deleted.
              Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Originally posted by Gramphos Are you sure Ming?
                That would mean that Makros has another hack on the forum. vBulletin does by defaoult reduce the post count when a post (or thread with posts) is deleted.
                Hmmm... I would be shocked and surprised if I'm wrong here. I've run tests on this when the question has been asked in the past. And the results showed that deleting posts or threads seemed to have no effect on a persons count. But then again... that doesn't prove absolutely that I'm right.

So I guess I will just leave the question up to Mark or Dan to answer. (time to run the tests again)
                Keep on Civin'
                RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Is in past before or after the update to vBulleting in May last year?
                  Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Yeah, when did you run the tests? Also, you could delete a thread with several thousands posts in it and observe .

Comment

how about an entire forum? like OT, you could see if anybody has a post count after that...
                      B♭3

Comment

I know for sure i had approximately 8 posts removed from my count after an entire thread about a civ3 crack was deleted because no one closed it early enough. This was about 3 days ago.
                        Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                        CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                        One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Originally posted by Gramphos
                          Is in past before or after the update to vBulleting in May last year?
                          Good question... The last time this came up was a long time ago. So whether my tests were before the update or not... I have no clue. I will admit I haven't done it recently.

And Maquiladora... if this is indeed true, that's what you get for posting EIGHT TIMES in a thread about a Civ III Crack

Let that be a lesson to all the "plus oners" who try to sneak an extra post or two into a thread they KNOW will be deleted
                          Keep on Civin'
                          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I think that the ones who put +1 in there post have to be applauded for their bravery, and/or stupidity.
                            One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Hey i wasnt supporting the guy who wanted the crack and im not a post chaser like some of these freaks. Warlord sounds better than anythin else anyway
                              Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                              CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                              One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Originally posted by Sagacious Dolphin
                                I think that the ones who put +1 in there post have to be applauded for their bravery, and/or stupidity.

The only difference between this post and the ones that put +1 after the post, is that your plus one is in the middle of the message.

Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Working...
                                X