Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When Ming deletes a thread, do we lose posts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big F***ing Deal?

Comment

Big Effing Deal.

IIRC, the fact that post count doesn't go down when a thread/post is deleted was a large part of the reason that posters aren't allowed to delete their own posts; if they could, then they could go to a rarely used forum (like Civ-Mac) and spam to their heart's content, delete their posts before a Mod notices, and make Deity overnight.

Loinburger, you're a sneaky troublemaker. I knew there was something I liked about you.
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I always say, "to act like a criminal, you've got to think like a criminal."
        <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

any criminal in particular?
          Talent Optional

Comment

Spink, I s'pose, or maybe Eli...
            <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Originally posted by Ming

Nahhh... It's a matter of where the thread is when you originally post to it. If it's on topic, you get a post, even if the thead is moved to the Off Topic forum later. And you don't get a post if you post in an Off Topic thread, and then it is moved to an On Topic forum later (rare event...VERY RARE )
              What if I post in the On-topic thread just as you are moving it to Off Topic?

(+1)
              Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Originally posted by Lefty Scaevola
                When Ming deletes one of your posts, he take a small part of your soul. When hes has deleted 1024 of your posts you become a cyber rodwraith, totaly subject to the will of the holder of the one master banning rod.

Edit, Come on now guys, this post was a least worth a chuckle!?!
                no, because you called me a cyber rodwraith

and hurt my feelings

Jon Miller
                Jon Miller-
                I AM.CANADIAN
                GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuberski

What if I post in the On-topic thread just as you are moving it to Off Topic?

(+1)
                  Depends on the order the server executes the commands.

If you post just before its moved, [+1].
                  If you post just after its moved, [+0].

I might add that it is impossible to post at exactly the same time as the thread is being moved, the server only executes one command at a time.
                  I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns

Depends on the order the server executes the commands.

If you post just before its moved, [+1].
                    If you post just after its moved, [+0].

I might add that it is impossible to post at exactly the same time as the thread is being moved, the server only executes one command at a time.

SHHHHH!!!!! I know that already.......... +
                    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Well, some people might not have.
                      [+1]
                      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Hmmm... I see some people are asking to experience a PCR up close and personal
                        Keep on Civin'
                        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

NO... when a thread or post is deleted, it DOES NOT change your post count. Once you have posted, it counts.
                          Obviously - otherwise I'd only have about 1500 posts
                          Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

But what will happen in this case:

I post something at the same time Ming moves the thread-the server crash-Bush will be elected a second time AND WWIII break out.

Does my post count?
                            Dance to Trance

Proud and official translator of Yaroslavs Civilization-Diplomacy utility.

Comment

If the server processes your request before crashing, [+1].
                              If not, too bad. Bush is elected for nothing

Comment

NO... when a thread or post is deleted, it DOES NOT change your post count. Once you have posted, it counts. Unless you are given a PCR (post count reduction) by a mod, or the Data Base screws up, your post count never goes down.
                                Are you sure? my PC is now 808. when you go into my profile and click "search all posts by this user" it comes up with 810. i've never posted in the OT before () and i'm pretty sure i've never had a PCR (and if i did, who would give a PCR of 2?).

Recently, solver deleted some threads in the ACDG for us (BTW can we have a permanent mod? ). i'm pretty sure that's where those 2 posts went.

Comment

Working...
                                X