Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When Ming deletes a thread, do we lose posts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

+1

Phew! You can even start a message with it. Isn't that amazing?
    "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

now now, stop spamming. i want to get to the bottom of this before Ming closes the thread

Comment

Yeah, I'd like to hear the results of Mings test before this thread is closed because of all you spammers.
        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Yeah you spammers, lets hear the results!
          Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Surprise Surprise...
            I just ran the identical tests that I did the last time, and this time the results were far different.

Yes... a deleted post subtracts one... and the same holds through for a deleted thread.

And what's even worse, if there are data base problems when doing the deleting, (which has been a problem lately when deleting a post or thread), you lose everything posted times the number of attempts the request for deleting has to be made before the data base excepts the request.

So after doing the test, I'm minus two posts.

But at least I get one back for posting the results
            Keep on Civin'
            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Now I'll never be a deity!
              <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

If a deleted post subtracts one, are we now allowed to delete our own posts?
                -->Visit CGN!
                -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Originally posted by DarkCloud
                  If a deleted post subtracts one, are we now allowed to delete our own posts?
                  No...
                  Keep on Civin'

Comment

why? it makes logical sense...

we can't do this now.

Originally posted by loinburger
                    go to a rarely used forum (like Civ-Mac) and spam to their heart's content, delete their posts before a Mod notices, and make Deity overnight.
                    although i'm sure someone else has concocted some other scheme involving post-deletion.

Comment

To my knowledge, we don't allow people to delete threads for a different reason.

People could post stuff that totally violates the rules of the site... and then delete them later and claim they never posted anything. Even if you edit the post, there is still a post showing you did indeed post something
                      Keep on Civin'

Comment

Argh!!

/me runs around, mourning the loss of his posts.

Thanks for letting us know, though.
                        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Edit a post......still a post......showing you did post.......

Comment

Originally posted by Ming
                            Surprise Surprise...
                            I just ran the identical tests that I did the last time, and this time the results were far different.

Yes... a deleted post subtracts one... and the same holds through for a deleted thread.

And what's even worse, if there are data base problems when doing the deleting, (which has been a problem lately when deleting a post or thread), you lose everything posted times the number of attempts the request for deleting has to be made before the data base excepts the request.

So after doing the test, I'm minus two posts.

But at least I get one back for posting the results
                            Hah! That should put a chill into the hearts of the 'postia anti deletia' crowd.
                            (\__/)
                            (='.'=)
                            (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither
                              Hah! That should put a chill into the hearts of the 'postia anti deletia' crowd.
                              It really should. Lately, it has taken me 4 or 5 requests before a thread is actually deleted. Just think, if you made 3 posts in such a thread, and it takes me 5 requests for the data base to accept my command... you lose 12 posts in the deal.
                              Keep on Civin'

Comment

Originally posted by Ming

It really should. Lately, it has taken me 4 or 5 requests before a thread is actually deleted. Just think, if you made 3 posts in such a thread, and it takes me 5 requests for the data base to accept my command... you lose 12 posts in the deal.

Seems to me that you should lower PCRs to reflect this....

Comment

Working...
                                X