Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thunderfall
    I don't play CTP
    Now there's your biggest mistake (Modded) CtP2 is by far the best Civ game ever, how can you not have played it!

Anyway, I can understand and respect why you don't cover CtP (and quite frankly don't mind too much either - I like having the entire community on one site) but it does mean that your site will forever be inferior to Apolyton I'm already quite happy that you got rid of that old slogan (what was it again? 'Dedicated to the everything Civilization' or something?) and replaced it with 'Dedicated to Civ1, Civ2, and Civ3' and opened a CtP forum (quite useful to promote our mods with, as backup for when 'Poly is down and to lure people to Apolyton with ).
    Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

FIRAXIS knows who is best... Look at Civ 3.

No FANATICS (they were chucked), yet their is POLYthesism.

Grrr | Pieter Lootsma | Hamilton, NZ | grrr@orcon.net.nz
      Waikato University, Hamilton.

Comment

Originally posted by Grrr
        FIRAXIS knows who is best... Look at Civ 3.

No FANATICS (they were chucked), yet their is POLYthesism.

Not to mention that Apolyton is actually a Greek city in Civ3 (and mentioned in the credits of CtP2)

Comment

Building a website is like a job... It's not fun if you force yourself to do something you don't care about. It's better for someone who really likes CTP to make a CTP fan site. Really, if you are addicted to CTP, build a fan site. You will get no competition from CivFanatics.

I'll give Reynolds' upcoming Rise of Nations a try. We'll cover it if I like that game.
          Thunderfall
          Civilization Fanatics' Center
          http://www.civfanatics.com

Comment

Really, if you are addicted to CTP, build a fan site.
            Why? We already have Apolyton...

Comment

Both sites are great.

Since when is not covering CtP deeply a bad thing?

The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

both sites are great,
                if i browse poly more often is because I discovered it before CFC,
                Second President of Apolytonia, and Vice-President twice
                Shemir Naldayev, 1st Ukrainian front comander at the Red front democracy gamePresidente de la Republica de España in the Civil War Demogame
                miguelsana@mixmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Smash
                  Since when is not covering CtP deeply a bad thing?

I know you don't want really an answer , but it is already in this thread:

Originally posted by Henrik
                  Originally posted by Martin Gühmann
                  To be honest Civ3 offers less than CTP1 and even in some areas than Civ2.
                  Correction: in most areas
                  I knew that someone had to correct me as I didn't wasted my money for another beta, at least you can fix and mod CTP2, so CTP2 prevented me to buy other games therefore it helped me to save a lot of money. Civ3 couldn't do this, because you are dependent on Firaxis.

Really, if you are addicted to CTP, build a fan site.
                  If you mean a small and simple CTP2 database: Already done. Unfortunatly I have only enough space there to cover my own mods and some other small stuff.

Building a website is like a job... It's not fun if you force yourself to do something you don't care about.
                  I see your point and problem here, to solve it just do that what Locutus suggested indirectly. CTP2 isn't so expansive as Civ3, download than a mod the pacth and ModSwapper and have fun.

-Martin
                  Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Originally posted by Haupt. Dietrich
                    Civfanatics, however IMO, has a better main page layout
                    you can now (again) see a "latest news from all sections" page at http://apolyton.net/news
                    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

I think that CivFanatics is ok. I registered in their forums when Poly was down, there were some interesting posts there. I would say that, by the time I registered there, flame wars were erupting everywhere here on Apolyton, and CF forums were gathering mostly people that liked Civ3 and wanted to discuss it.

But I really, deeply, frankly, love Apolyton. I don't know, maybe it is because I've been around here for quite some time, and I learned to know the posters... I just feel comfortable here. It has been a wonderful place to hang around with interesting people and drink some beers and... (Hmm, I think I'm not all that recovered from last night. Silly me.)
                      I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexnm
                        I think that CivFanatics is ok. I registered in their forums when Poly was down, there were some interesting posts there. I would say that, by the time I registered there, flame wars were erupting everywhere here on Apolyton, and CF forums were gathering mostly people that liked Civ3 and wanted to discuss it.
                        I registered there when Poly was down, too, just to correct these CTP1/2 suckers and help other people who are searching for serious help on CivFanatics. So the quality of this CTP1/2 forum raised. But it isn't the same as Apolyton.

The absence of flame wars in the Civ3 forums there is really a plus for CivFanatics if it is still true. But actual the Apolyton CTP2 forums are from this point of view also very good all the people who don't like the game and just want to flame are in the Civ3 forum, if you go to the CTP2 forum you are there for serious discussion meaning no spam, no wars, otherwise you will be ignored or won't fine someone there who wants the same thing.

-Martin

Comment

The SMAC box is still sitting on the shelf....unopened.
                          You made a mistake.
                          "As far as general advice on mod-making: Go slow as far as adding new things to the game until you have the basic game all smoothed out ... Make sure the things you change are really imbalances and not just something that doesn't fit with your particular style of play." - WesW

Comment

The moderators are too harsh on CFC you seem to get banned at the drop of a hat for just a tiny insult to another poster.

Comment

Originally posted by SociableMartian
                              The moderators are too harsh on CFC you seem to get banned at the drop of a hat for just a tiny insult to another poster.
                              Then don't insult other posters, and you have no worries.
                              I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
                              i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

Originally posted by SociableMartian
                                Actal it sucks to insult other people. Note offences are the arguments of the ones who are wrong.

-Martin

Comment

Working...
                                X