Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

looking for orders? I've got one for you

if you can find a decent map of Central Europe in the year 1871 that is

the last I used was a bit messy in colors...

and I got bashed for it as well

Comment

Siro - thanks! Some colouration might be good, that was just easily found, I figured easy to reduce and ready transparent. I'll use that one for the moment though.

Zopper - it's a Klein Bottle. I has only one surface (ie, the inside is the same as the outside) and is non-orientable (ie, you can't define a consistent direction on it). It's a higher dimensional equivalent of a Möbius strip. In 4 dimensions, it doesn't even self-intersect!

Btw, if you Google for "klein bottle", one of the first few sites sells glass Klein Bottles -
      The church is the only organisation that exists for the benefit of its non-members
      Buy your very own 4-dimensional, non-orientable, 1-sided, zero-edged, zero-volume, genus 1 manifold immersed in 3-space!
      All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his.
      "They offer us some, but we have no place to store a mullet." - Chegitz Guevara

Comment

what does self-intersect .... I see... you mean, when in 4 dimensions, it consist of one (hyper-)plane without ever crossing itself... not bad, can you show me a pic of it?

seriously though, if it is possible to show pictures of 3-dimensional objects on a plane, it should also be possible to show 4-dimensional ones... I think you have to eradicate one dimension and replace it with the fourth though... just like a black hole is a cone if you remove the 3rd dimension and replace it with the 4h

Comment

OK, email sent. And yes, those Star Trek pages are really time-consuming
          Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Ecthelion, I'll seek and post it tommorow

Kassio, I didn't plan to log on, but you sent me and e-mail, so:

(btw, even though I'm perfectly capable of visualising 3D drawings on a 2D surface, I can't for the sake of me, visualize something with 4 dimentions...
            Attached Files

Comment

Is this good enough for 1871 Europe? I didn't spend much time on it.
              Attached Files

Comment

he's cute!
                Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

It looks like puke is coming out of his eyes...
                  I never know their names, But i smile just the same
                  New faces...Strange places,
                  Most everything i see, Becomes a blur to me
                  -Grandaddy, "The Final Push to the Sum"

Comment

Thank you Sirotnikov!
                    The avatar is now even better.
                    Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Ecthelion, I'm a bit short on time, and for some reason images.google.com is slow.

I'll do it properly tommorow, all I have today is an ugly ugly map.

Glad you liked it kassio!

I'm ussy these days since i have many tests.

ixnay, if you could isolate germany in the avatar, i think that's what ecthelion meant

Comment

Chowlett, is this what you are looking for, or do you want any other color?
                        Attached Files
                        Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Gramphos, that's groovy. I'm updating now. I'm not quite sure what colour I do want, or whether multi-coloured might be quite cool. I'm not the artist here - if you have the time, suggest some stuff, and I'll pick what I like best, ok?
                          The church is the only organisation that exists for the benefit of its non-members
                          Buy your very own 4-dimensional, non-orientable, 1-sided, zero-edged, zero-volume, genus 1 manifold immersed in 3-space!
                          All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his.
                          "They offer us some, but we have no place to store a mullet." - Chegitz Guevara

Comment

I don't know if this is any good, but it is multi color. I'm back to make another one.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Here is one that I really like.
                              Attached Files

Comment

This is the last one I have time to do today. I could do more single colored if you like, but doing all them would spam up this thread, so I wait.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X