X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Plato has hit the nail in the spam there

Comment

Originally posted by PLATO
      Simple, but all inclusive answer to why posts do not count as +1 in OTF under any circumstances:

THIS IS A GAMING SITE

remember?
      Then explain to me why posts in Community counts.
      Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
      The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

It's a throwback to days where people used to discuss some gaming site.

Comment

Originally posted by Last Conformist

What if all the energy and ingenuousness invested in such projects instead went to solving, say, world hunger or AIDS?
          Then my store wouldn't have nearly as good a profit margin as it does now.

Posts count here so people will focus some of their energy on improving the site. Sure, the signal to noise ration isn't 1:0 but thems the breaks.
          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

I guess the supreme irony in the recent preoccupation with spamming/pc is that I'm cranking up mine by questioning the logic of counting Community posts.

I guestimate that the signal-to-noise ratio is closer to 1:100.

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
            The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Originally posted by Last Conformist

Then explain to me why posts in Community counts.
              To enhance the site and to comment on ideas for making the overall experience better. The better the site...the more gamers will want to participate. And who better to discuss those ideas other than the current gamers here.

OTF is a very interesting place to express other facets of the gamers life, but it really doesn't contribute to the site's misson. The Community forum does.

Next question please...
              "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Originally posted by PLATO

To enhance the site and to comment on ideas for making the overall experience better. The better the site...the more gamers will want to participate. And who better to discuss those ideas other than the current gamers here.
                Sounds good, except that the Community forum is dominated by the same spamming crowd as the OTF, pretty much. I mean, this post is unusually releveant to the subject of improving the site than most here.

Comment

Originally posted by Dauphin
                  I swear that the Apolyton Community now rots my brain way more than the OT. I'm starting to tend towards the campaign to abandon PCs* altogether.

*That is post counts, not personal computers. I'm not that drastically inclined.
                  The amount of spam in here now though is nothing compared to, say, one year ago, before other games came to the fore.

Comment

Actually I'd say it is worse, but its demonstrably not as bad as it could get.
                    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

It's a couple of threads though. The forum as a whole moves much slower than it used to.

Comment

Cybershy:

I don't agree with you. Brevity is the soul of wit. There is a certain art to expressing oneself in a short and succinct matter. A long post can actually say less than a short one.
                        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Hmm, not sure about Spikey, 'last year' it were a couple of posters posting alot while now it's alot of posters posting alot.
                          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                          Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by Bloody Monk
                            It was a tip o the hat to a recently active new prince...a bit of inside irony in a post about +1s. But, I would be the last one to name him.

Monk
                            Is that anything like getting your checker piece down to the other end of the board to be kinged?

On topiq, I thinq only posts with at least six Qs in them should add to our post qount. Any less than that qan only be qonsidered spam.
                            ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

Hope you are feeling okay, jon. You are displaying early stage Raz Syndrome.

Take care....

Monk
                              so long and thanks for all the fish

Comment

Why, all the peoples fervently condemn spam and agree with whatever the Lord God Ming says.
                                Last edited by Nubclear; May 27, 2004, 21:45.
                                Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                                Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Working...
                                X