Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe an average? What is it closer to, -1 or +1?

Comment

Actually, -124061
      As Cybershy pointed out (and as I did), it woudl turn into a popularity contest. Hisher idea of average characters per post is best....IMO
      Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
      Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

But what about witty posts? I get more out of a one-liner than a crap 400 character post which goes around and around in circles, ending up going about as far as a Soviet rocket, 10 foot up in the air, then it blows up.

Comment

I'll overlook the comment about the people who first got into space

And...oh well. You can't have everything. Would you rather have a system where all the spammers rate each other highly and you lowly, or the present system?

Comment

I think the system as it stands is fine.

I'll omit a rebuttal regarding Soviet space reliability

Comment

You were just complaining about how its being exploited! Now you think its fine?!

And that is probably wise....I always hate humiliating people in forums

Comment

Communism was exploited by Stalin, does that make Communism wrong?

Comment

How about just letting other posters judge the quality of an individual poster and not have the server analyze posters for us?
                  I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Skanky, you cleary haven't read the thread
                    It would turn into a popularity contest. For example, the spammers would probably rate you -200 for that comment alone.

Comment

Not only that, but it wasn't really apropos to the thread title.

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
                        How about just letting other posters judge the quality of an individual poster and not have the server analyze posters for us?
                        Quite! I know who the entertaining posters who keep me posting here are, and I know who the spammers are. There may be some overlap, but there you go.

Comment

You guys keep ignoring the 'avg chars per post' stat in the profiles....!
                          And i you do, so might Markos!

Now comment on that
                          Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                          Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Originally posted by CyberShy:I surely will not claim that a small post has less quality than a large post, though about a small post one can doubt that it has been made just for the purpose of spam while a large post will not be made for that purpose.

The question whether CyberShy has seen the "Ctrl V" thread at Eventis is herewith answered in the negative.
                            Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                            The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Originally posted by CyberShy
                              You guys keep ignoring the 'avg chars per post' stat in the profiles....!
                              And i you do, so might Markos!

Now comment on that
                              The idea sucks, but I support it just for the chance to see that zero in Skanky's profile.
                              Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                              The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

This thread is too spammy for my tastes We better get Ming in here!

Comment

Working...
                                X