No announcement yet.

Fine, We Hit the Fifty Thousand Mark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Graph 4: Growth of forum logins (with major events)
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Locutus; March 23, 2004, 19:13.
    Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Graph 5: Time to reach milestone (with major events)
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Locutus; March 23, 2004, 19:14.

Comment

Graph 6: Time to reach milestone (since 2002, with major events)
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Locutus; March 23, 2004, 19:15.

Comment

especially if their for small or crappy games, like GalCiv and Civ3 respectively)

nicely smuggled(sp?) in .

Was was the effect of the release of the CTP source-code btw?
          -
          There was a period last year where we were hitting milestones every two weeks, now we only hit one once a month (still a pretty impressive rate, but not spectacular).

They do remain niche games, can't expect poly to keep growing as it did. At least not without a release every other week or expanding coverage to different and/or more games.
          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
          Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

A bonus graph In it itself this one isn't very interesting, but with the events listed it shows the gradual slowdown since RoN's release fairly well.

Graph 7: Growth of forum logins (since 2002, with major events)
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Locutus; March 23, 2004, 19:16.

Comment

Originally posted by alva
              nicely smuggled(sp?) in .

Was was the effect of the release of the CTP source-code btw?
              D'oh!!! I missed the most important event of all!

I will update everything ASAP.

They do remain niche games, can't expect poly to keep growing as it did. At least not without a release every other week or expanding coverage to different and/or more games.
              Indeed. But we had a new sequel or game coming out every few months (even every few weeks at one point), right now there's virtually nothing happening. Only GalCiv and RoN expansion packs (not exactly the games this site thrives on, as great as they might be) and some vague rumours about a distant Civ4.

Comment

Good work.
                Interestingly, the new logins rate increased significantly just after the upgrade to settler2.
                I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Phew

Updated everything to include the release of the CtP2 source code. It's beyond me how I missed that (I was probably too excited about it at the time to remember to add it to that stupid Excel sheet )

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
                  Interestingly, the new logins rate increased significantly just after the upgrade to settler2.
                  That, and the release of RoN, which followed shortly afterwards. I think the latter may have had a bigger impact. But the problems preceding the upgrade to Settler II may have prevented/deterred many MoO3 and GalCiv fans from registering, so once the new server was in place, I'm sure it helped jumpstart those registrations as well.

Comment

Oh, almost forgot: the bragging rights of being Mr. 50k go to ..... (drumroll) ..... Jammmo!
                    Attached Files

Comment

Awesome graphs.

Oh, and

Comment

The Party seeks power entirely for its own sake. We are not interested in the good of others; we are interested solely in power. Not wealth or luxury or long life or happiness: only power, pure power.

Join Eventis, the land of spam and unspeakable horrors!

Comment

AH's been working overtime with the double logins.
                          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus
                            Oh, almost forgot: the bragging rights of being Mr. 50k go to ..... (drumroll) ..... Jammmo!
                            Ah! Jamski had a boy!

Comment

Comment

That's quite an impressive list of Apolyton-related events, Locutus. Well done!

I would add the following two to the 'full' index:

Code:
                                Start of Exclusive MoO3 Preview Series on Apolyton                          09-01-03
                                Contest to Choose Only MoO3 External Beta Testers Begins on Apolyton        18-09-02
                                ------------
                                Dan; Apolyton CS
                                PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
                                >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Working...
                                X