X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice graphs indeed!
    Fortune and Glory, here I come!!!.
    Indiana Jones
    Spanish Empire Civ for Civilization 5 (in Spanish/en Español)

Comment

Can we send Jammo an Apolyton hat or something?
      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Congratulations Mark and Dan!

Thanks for all your hard work and this excellent site!

The counter stands at 50,014 when I post this... and it's still growing... Thanks a lot!

---
        And thanks to all the moderators who have kept this place safe from iniquity: Ming,MtG,rah,MLeonard,etc.

And all the posters for posting here!

-
        and good work with the lists Locutus!

---

-DC
        -->Visit CGN!
        -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

May I partake in the pleasure of the 50K dance

Jammmo should be proud of himself

-Jam
          1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
          That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
          Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
          Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

It's usually around this time that somemone awkward points out it's stats on active members that are most interesting.

IIRC last time Locutus pre-empted me those people and included some in his lists.

Comment

/me agrees with DanQ

@GF
              The Party seeks power entirely for its own sake. We are not interested in the good of others; we are interested solely in power. Not wealth or luxury or long life or happiness: only power, pure power.

Join Eventis, the land of spam and unspeakable horrors!

Comment

Yeah! Free stuff for Jammmo!

(well, until someone notices that he's a DL of Jamski)

Comment

In what way exactly are the members counted anyway?

On the one hand, Jammmo doesn't have userid 50,000 (he's 50299) so you'd think there are actually more than 50,000 members. On the other hand, if you check the memberlist, it only lists some 43,000 members. That may not include banned users or so, but you can't tell me there are 7000 banned members. So what is really the significance of this number when the actual figures are so far off?
                  Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Thanks all for the kind words

DanQ,

Thanks, took quite a while to compile it too (especially for the last ~1.5 years since you didn't release a 'year in headlines' feature at the 5th birthday like you did for all previous birthdays). That's why I decided to post it: I went through all that trouble a couple of months ago, would've been a pity to just throw away because it was too long to be remotely useful

I would add the following two to the 'full' index:
                    Well, I said it was only a selection I tried to focus on events that might affect visitor numbers/forum activity, for which both events you list definitely qualify.

The MoO3 preview series I didn't include since, important as it was, it's in the end just one of a whole series of outstanding (p)reviews of which I only mentioned the first to keep list short. But since I know how important it is to you, I guess can make an exception here (I guess one could easily argue this one deserves special mention due to its exclusive nature).

I'm surprised to find the Mo) Beta contest wasn't on my list already! I must have overlooked it...

IIRC last time Locutus pre-empted me those people and included some in his lists.
                    Methinks you should look closer before you start accusing me of neglegence
                    Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

The 299 difference in userid is due to deletion of certain accounts, that's well known. The 7,000 difference with the memberlist I can't explain offhand either.

But I think these milestones simply symbolise the growth of Apolyton -- it's really irrelevant if you celebrate at 43,000 members or at 50,000 or at 32,768 (= 100,000 with the octal notation, or 1,000,000,000,000,000 binary ), you celebrate the growth of Apolyton. 50,000 is a nice round number, how accurate it is doesn't really matter at that much.

Edit: 32,768 is not 10,000 but 100,000 octal of course
                      Last edited by Locutus; March 24, 2004, 09:02.
                      Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

congrats to Mark and Dan
                        "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Nice stats

And congrats on the 50,000
                          This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Awesome!!!!!

Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

Whooo!

Comment

there are only 761 banned accounts

the 6.5k accounts that dont appear on the memberlist are mostly accounts that were not activated or are disabled as the user changed the email address but didnt confirm it
                                Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                                Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                                giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Working...
                                X