No announcement yet.

% of settlers, warlords, princes...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well the OTF skews it. But anyway, how many people are there with special titles? (Moderator, Staff, etc)
    Visit First Cultural Industries
    There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
    Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Makes sense.
      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Well the OTF skews it. But anyway, how many people are there with special titles? (Moderator, Staff, etc)
        The information is only available in the vB administration panel, not publically (unless you manually look for all the people with custom titles).

Comment

Originally posted by Gatekeeper
          Hmm. I'm surprised at the sheer number of posters who have yet to get beyond the "Settler" stage. I guess that adds weight to the idea that, out of 45,000 members at 'Poly, not more than a 2,000 to 3,000 are really active members. The rest are lurkers or one-time registrants for whatever reason.

Gatekeeper
          Feels like I'm in a zoo...Stop watching me!!! I'm not into that sort of thing!!!!
          [a very paranoid]
          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
          Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

*pokes Alva with a stick*
            "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

Originally posted by Asmodean
              Actually, make that 6 as mao ceased posting a long time ago.
              Whatever happened to Mao?
              I'm consitently stupid- Japher
              I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

He posts every now and again, so he is still around.

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus
                  Yet more useless stats: percentage of all posts on Apolyton made by title-group:

(Total number of posts when I compiled these stats: 2,353,058)

Code:
                  Title		#	%
                  -------------------------------
                  Deity		94868	4,03%
                  Emperor		635021	26,99%
                  King		114271	5,02%
                  Prince		138595	6,02%
                  Warlord		31321	1,33%
                  Chieftain	56333	2,39%
                  Settler		73741	3,13%
                  Unaccounted for		51,38%
                  Does that mean the 27% of all posts were made by a person who was an Emperor at the time, or 27% of all posts were made by a person who is an Emperor currently?

Comment

If OTF posts counted then the Top 20 would be different, and so would the stats be.

The fun part is, though, that you don't really see many Settlers posting, though they may be 92% of all users.

Settlers: 41514
                    Settlers who have posted: 14079

Which means, that about 1/3 of Settlers are those who actually posted something. Furthermore, this number includes accounts who posted just one message, or spammed forum with ads, and got banned thus. The number of Settlers who posted more than once is 9766.
                    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

The 27% means all those posts by people who are currently emperors. So it makes sense that a large portion of posts are made by this group.
                      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Its 26.99%.... Took me a moment to figure out what the comma was for.

Am I not mistaken that the OT forum used to get scored for post counts? It'd be interesting to filter out those counts from the totals.

Comment

I'd be interested ot see the totals if you filtered out Demo game posts
                          Keep on Civin'
                          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

These statistics would end up pretty dull if you filtered everything out, though.

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
                              He posts every now and again, so he is still around.
                              He does??

I haven't seen him around for ages.

Asmodean
                              Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

This is quite recently.

Comment

Working...
                                X