Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Theben

Most of the '98-'99 crowd are emperors.
    Not the ones who stayed away from off-topic... Ah, the posts there were to be reaped...

Carolus

Comment

Feel you missed out?
      I'm consitently stupid- Japher
      I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
        Perhaps so, but whether or not there are 168 overall is the point.
        There were a couple hundred posters back then, and with the addition of more emperors at later dates (i.e. Chilean President) it wouldn't surprise me.
        I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Originally posted by Hercules
          More interesting would be excluding those posting less than 10 posts and where the last post was more than 2 months back.
          I think a period longer than 2 months is more accurate... Sometimes I fall out of love with Apolyton and I stay away longer than 2 months, but I always come back...

Maybe a year?

Carolus

Comment

Originally posted by Theben
            Feel you missed out?
            Slightly... Emperor is within reach for sure, but Deity...

Carolus

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
              Perhaps so, but whether or not there are 168 overall is the point.
              In looking at the "active" membership list (meaning those members who still show in the membership list and are not on the restricted list) the current count is 7 at Diety and 141 at Emperor.
              Keep on Civin'
              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

So the 27 difference accounts for? Disabled logins?

Comment

Originally posted by Ming

In looking at the "active" membership list (meaning those members who still show in the membership list and are not on the restricted list) the current count is 7 at Diety and 141 at Emperor.
                  That was my calculation also. I'm not sure whether the 168 is a mistake, or there is some reason why these people didn't show up when I looked earlier. Surely you didn't ban 27 emperors today?

Comment

Originally posted by Carolus Rex

Slightly... Emperor is within reach for sure, but Deity...

Carolus
                    yup i think so too.
                    "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Originally posted by Carolus Rex

Not the ones who stayed away from off-topic... Ah, the posts there were to be reaped...

Carolus
                      you think there arent now?
                      "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Yes, I made a typo in the calculations so some of my numbers were a bit off. Meant to post a fixed list this morning but get called away (can you believe that? How dare they interrupt my important Apolyton duties for something as trivial as work )

Here's the corrected list:

Code:
                        Title		#	%
                        -------------------------------
                        Deity		7	0,02%
                        Emperor		141	0,31%
                        King		356	9,79%
                        Prince		591	1,31%
                        Warlord		854	1,89%
                        Chieftain	1623	3,59%
                        Settler		41602	92,09%
                        And here's a list with the Settlers removed, on DrSpike's request

Code:
                        Title		#	%
                        Deity		7	0,20%
                        Emperor		141	3,95%
                        King		356	9,97%
                        Prince		591	16,55%
                        Warlord		854	23,91%
                        Chieftain	1623	45,44%
                        Yet more useless stats: percentage of all posts on Apolyton made by title-group:

(Total number of posts when I compiled these stats: 2,353,058)

Code:
                        Title		#	%
                        Deity		94868	4,03%
                        Emperor		635021	26,99%
                        King		114271	5,02%
                        Prince		138595	6,02%
                        Warlord		31321	1,33%
                        Chieftain	56333	2,39%
                        Settler		73741	3,13%
                        Unaccounted for		51,38%
                        Notes:

1) Many of the posts from the really old days (mainly the stuff that was in the old uBB archives) no longer exist and are therefore not counted in the total number of posts (though they do count in people's PCs).

2) Of the more recent posts, the OT posts are not counted and don't show up in people's PCs, though I think they do count towards the total number of posts. They would explain the large number of posts that is 'unaccounted for'.
                        Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus

And here's a list with the Settlers removed, on DrSpike's request
                          Nice. Now all we need is the same calculation as I suggested but for active posters only.

Comment

Originally posted by lord of the mark

you think there arent now?
                            In the OT, alas, no... Elsewhere, yes!

Carolus

Comment

You're hard to please, DrSpike. I'll leave that to you as homework assignment
                              Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus
                                You're hard to please, DrSpike. I'll leave that to you as homework assignment
                                I thought of it as yours.

Think of me as the steady hand guiding your propensity to spew statistics so that you spew the interesting ones.

Comment

Working...
                                X