No announcement yet.

% of settlers, warlords, princes...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh yes. One month is far too little... Sometimes real life takes control for more than a month... Sometimes Apolyton is just too much, I get fed up and stay away for more than a month...

Overall, the spam is worse now than ever. We used to have a special forum for spam... It was called off-topic... When posting there stopped increasing the pc, I guess spam invaded all fora... The genie's out of the bottle... Who can put it back in?

Carolus

Comment

• Oh very well, here you go:

People who posted in the last 6 months

Code:
      Deity		7	0,21%
      Emperor		131	3,86%
      King		290	8,54%
      Prince		355	10,46%
      Warlord		332	9,78%
      Chieftain	400	11,79%
      Settler		1879	55,36%

Total		3394	100,00%
      As you can see the stats aren't horribly different, except that there are much less Settlers (due to the fact that people who registered but never posted are obviously not included)
      Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

• More Princes that Warlords. How interesting.
        Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
        "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

• Indeed.

Comment

• I actually find it quite surprising that over half the people posting here within the last 6 months are settlers.

Were they settlers at the time of posting, or are they settlers now?

Asmodean
            Last edited by Asmodean; December 16, 2003, 16:54.
            Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

• They are Settlers now.

Comment

• Most probably registered after Conquests came out. The relase of Civ3 games and add-ons could explain many of the settler stats.

Comment

• Yeah... that or just simply Civ III players still having PtW troubles.

Comment

• We have about 15 or so inactive Emperors...

Comment

• Originally posted by Dissident
                      Most probably registered after Conquests came out. The relase of Civ3 games and add-ons could explain many of the settler stats.
                      Nope, the rate of new registrations has been more or less constant during the past 6 months: somewhere around 60-70 new members a day on average.

Comment

• Originally posted by DrSpike
                        Pointing out spam is spam. Pointing out metaspam is spam.

Technical chart:

Spam: obviously spam
                        Metaspam: more subtle spam
                        You missed the point about meta-spam actually being self-ironic and (usually) humourous.
                        One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• You also failed to describe pseudo-spam.

(When an obvious and easy +1 is passed over in favour of a serious non-spam post. The non-spam post would never have been considered had the obvious spamming opportunity never existed. Its a bit like the concept of electron holes in semi-conductors, in that its not the spam thats there that counts, its the spam that isn't).
                          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamski
                            Suggestion - make deity special again by offering a CUSTOM TITLE for all at 15,000 posts. No code change needed and very little effort from the mods.

I have the greatest ideas.

-Jam
                            With the discovery of super-deity levels in civII we could just make a super-deity title.
                            I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                            I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Crunch
                              You also failed to describe pseudo-spam.

(When an obvious and easy +1 is passed over in favour of a serious non-spam post. The non-spam post would never have been considered had the obvious spamming opportunity never existed. Its a bit like the concept of electron holes in semi-conductors, in that its not the spam thats there that counts, its the spam that isn't).
                              And then, of course, you have the Spam Uncertainty Principle, which allows spam to spontanteously enter any discussion, often in the form of panag

Comment

• So true.
                                Anyway where is he now? It´s been a while since the last time I saw him ...
                                The Party seeks power entirely for its own sake. We are not interested in the good of others; we are interested solely in power. Not wealth or luxury or long life or happiness: only power, pure power.

Join Eventis, the land of spam and unspeakable horrors!

Comment

Working...
                                X