No announcement yet.

What is "My Notepad" for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keep your 'Poly password there...just in case you forget it and can't log on!
    Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

It will take some effort to come up with a worse use than that!
      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by ADG
        I used the notepad about a half year ago, to keep links to where the cities in our SC4 MP game where saved

...the links are still there...
        So are mine. Maybe we should start using them again?
        XBox Live: VovanSim
        xbox.com (login required)
        Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
        Spore page

Comment

Draft versions of (long) posts/news items/articles/etc which I for example started on at work but couldn't finish the end of my shift and would like to continue working on from home.
          I've put essays on that notepad. They've since been taken off. It comes in handy for revisions when I don't want to have to come all the way home.

Of course, you can do the same in an email, but not having to bother with the html coding can be very useful for retaining formatting.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

I thought it was to bog down server space so load times were longer.
            “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

I use it to test out html code.

It's really easy to just put the code in a notepad entry and have it automatically rendered.

Comment

I don't use it at all. But I like the concept.
                I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Should we be taking notes on all these uses? We can use our notepads . . .
                  "We may be in a hallucination here, but that's no excuse for being delusional!." K.S. Robinson, 'The Years Of Rice And Salt.'

Comment

I've actually had to use the Notepad. Back when some users were having problems changing their avatars using the CP, one of the members (sorry, forgot who, don't hate me ) gave me a bit of (java?)code to paste into the pad. It produced a workable avatar changing window right inside the pad. Very cool.

Was it you Skanky Burns?

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi

I've put essays on that notepad.
                      So thats why you post such long things in OT
                      "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Originally posted by Anun Ik Oba
                        gave me a bit of (java?)code
                        Never seen HTML before?

Was it you Skanky Burns?
                        Yes, it was Skanky.
                        "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

My reputation precedes me, I see.

EDIT: I'm tired.
                          Last edited by Skanky Burns; November 25, 2003, 08:55.
                          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

precedes.

Comment

So thats why you post such long things in OT
                              If brevity is the soul of wit, than I'm a rather dour poster.
                              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Working...
                              X