2 Million Posts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mercator
    I don't think the 2 million is the correct number when starting from the inception of Apolyton. In all likelihood, deleted threads, and the majority of the UBB era isn't counted.
    You are so right.

The count is the posts currently available. (Archive or Active forum), but not all the old archives from before vBulletin that got removed with the change in forum software, and not any posts lost before that either.
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Any estimate as to the amount of posts unaccounted for?
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

I think the total would be 3 million at most, considering there were fewer members and less traffic.
        Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

even @ 2 million it is huge
          The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

hi ,

and yet with 2 million one would think we would be famous by now , .....

still way to many people dont know poly who play civ , .....

have a nice day
            - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
            - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
            WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Yes it is a shame we can't all group together here on poly
              The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

I like to think of poly as the place where the intelligent Civ players gather. Other Civ sites I have been to seem way to crowded with inmature 13 year old Civ players who often have nothing to contribute to any discussion. Poly is certainly not a secret. Just put Civilization in a search engine and this place is easy to find.
                "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

There's plenty of immature Civ players at Poly, not all of us are 13 years old though.

Comment

Originally posted by PLATO1003
                    I like to think of poly as the place where the intelligent Civ players gather. Other Civ sites I have been to seem way to crowded with inmature 13 year old Civ players who often have nothing to contribute to any discussion. Poly is certainly not a secret. Just put Civilization in a search engine and this place is easy to find.
                    Stop judging people based on their age. There are plenty of people around the net that are 13 and post well written, helpful posts. There are also some 30 year olds who post nothing but BS all day long.

Comment

Originally posted by trickey

Stop judging people based on their age. There are plenty of people around the net that are 13 and post well written, helpful posts. There are also some 30 year olds who post nothing but BS all day long.
                      Hence why I said "inmature 13 year olds" as opposed to just "13 year olds".

The age is really inmaterial as I agree that a 30 year old can be identical to an inmature 13 year old. The image just comes to mind better when I think 13 rather than 30.

No offense meant to anyone.
                      "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Originally posted by trickey

I already admitted I was immature and not 13 years old, do you have to keep rubbing it in my face?

Comment

did deletd posts count too?)
                          delted posts, as in deleted threads are not counted.

the post count is measured by posts in threads, not posts by posters. Thus PCRs are not counted- if Immortal Wombat loses 200 posts- then apolyton still has those 200 posts.

but if this thread is deleted- the apolyton loses 50 posts.
                          -->Visit CGN!
                          -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Very true trickey, every year my posts seem to get shorter and harder to decipher. As I age, I become less comprehensible.
                            -->Visit CGN!
                            -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Deleted.
                              Wrong thread.
                              Last edited by Unspeakable Horror; July 26, 2003, 11:50.
                              The Party seeks power entirely for its own sake. We are not interested in the good of others; we are interested solely in power. Not wealth or luxury or long life or happiness: only power, pure power.

Join Eventis, the land of spam and unspeakable horrors!

Comment

Originally posted by PLATO1003

Hence why I said "inmature 13 year olds" as opposed to just "13 year olds".

The age is really inmaterial as I agree that a 30 year old can be identical to an inmature 13 year old. The image just comes to mind better when I think 13 rather than 30.

No offense meant to anyone.
                                I know what you mean, PLATO, it's no biggie. It's just I see so many people whining and complaining about 13 year olds and the quality of their posts, when they themselves should be looking at what they are writing (I don't mean you, but there are plenty of those people out there). It just kind of gets on your nerves, especially when your a younger kid like myself.

Originally posted by GhengisFarb

I already admitted I was immature and not 13 years old, do you have to keep rubbing it in my face?
                                Maybe. My confidence is a bit low lately, I could really use a person to make fun of
                                Last edited by trickey; July 26, 2003, 17:08.

Comment

Working...
                                X