Trip's new avatar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trip's new avatar

For those of you unfamiliar with the saga of Trip, aka the second coming of Mao, we made a bet several months ago as to the identity of the next deity. Trip bet that he would be able to outpace the moderator of the Spanish Apolyton forum, Jaybee, to 10,000 posts.

Since then, trip has earned a spot in the Apolyton Hall of Fame and a PCR in that order.

Today I came across a thread in the spanish forum, celebrating JB's deity status, to which I now call in the bet.

Under the terms of the bet, Trip has to sport an avatar of my choosing for the next week after he acknowledges the outcome in this thread.

The evidence of JB's deity status:

The original bet with Trip

So please post in this thread, so that I can supply you with your new avatar!
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

@ Obiwan............I had forgotten about that bet.

We wouldn't want this thread to degenerate into avatar suggestions for Trip.

Comment

"Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

The funniest thing is that no one will be able to see his new avatar.
        I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex
          The funniest thing is that no one will be able to see his new avatar.
          The irony is indeed delicious.

Comment

obi, I looked all through the linked thread to the bet and could not find the exact bet. Is it really in there? I remember a bet being placed...

Maybe you can link to the exact post instead of the thread which is over 300 posts long.

A quick look at the top 20 makes it obvious that Trip was going to lose said bet.
            badams

Comment

JB
              Last edited by Niessuh; July 19, 2003, 15:04.
              Campeón 2006 Progressive Games
              civ4 mods: SCSCollateral GrayAgainstBlue ProperCrossings
              civ3 terrain: Irrigations Roads Railroads Borders Multimine Sengoku Napoleonic

Comment

Originally posted by badams52
                obi, I looked all through the linked thread to the bet and could not find the exact bet. Is it really in there? I remember a bet being placed...

Maybe you can link to the exact post instead of the thread which is over 300 posts long.

A quick look at the top 20 makes it obvious that Trip was going to lose said bet.
                It's not in that thread I think.........probably Obiwan misremembered it. There was a bet somewhere though.

Comment

Re: Trip's new avatar

Originally posted by obiwan18
                  Trip bet that he would be able to outpace the moderator of the Spanish Apolyton forum, Jaybee, to 10,000 posts.
                  And this came from a person who claimed that post count wasn't important to him...

Keep on Civin'
                  RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Ha! I betcha he was counting on anyone remembering this

Comment

Does he still post?

Comment

I'm not sure, maybe not. He isn't even close to diety. I just checked his profile and he's only got 54xx posts. Maybe he just forgot about it. *shrugs*

Comment

He still posts. I see him around in the CIII areas once in a while.
                          badams

Comment

Speaking of reaching milestones, just noticed Ming is only 29 away from Double Diety!
                            badams

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
                              Does he still post?
                              Primarily in the ISDG and PTWDG Democracy game forums. He's still a very active poster there, just not active enough I guess.

Comment

Working...
                              X