Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've HAD it with the slow server

To the Apolyton Community,

The last month or so, the Poly server, both for chat and the site itself, has become quite slow, "too busy", or not accessible at all.

I don't know the cause of this. Configuration problems? Software problems? A general internet traffic jam? Simply too many people trying to access it? I can only guess. I don't know much about servers, anyway.

But let me say one thing: if it's for financial reasons - the Poly management not being able to afford a better server, or a better connection, or whatever, I'm more than willing to contribute something for this purpose.

So, I'd like to hear from you people if, in the case of financial reasons, you would like to donate to Poly 15 dollars or 15 euros (or any other amount greater than this, and in any currency you like). We should be able to transfer this money to the right place.

It would be for a better future of our favourite site!

Who's in?

BFM
    Greatest moments in cat:

Count me in.

I bought a T-Shirt awhile back, perhaps I should buy a couple more...

Comment

One addition: I know I could also buy a T-shirt. But I don't really need a T-shirt right now, and I think there's a lot of costs involved in the shipping process and such (I live in Europe).
      I really need a fast server, though.
      Greatest moments in cat:

Comment

I agree.
        Why not pay markos for his time as well, since he seems to spend quite some time here on the site.

It would be nice to give back a little of what we've received.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Another "would you pay for 'poly" thread. DAMM YES I WOULD

-Jam
          1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
          That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
          Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
          Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Hmm...

Why not creating a special pay-pal account, for those that really don't care for a T-shirt, or that don't want to spend the whole (how much is it? 25$?) on a shirt, but would rather give some 5 or 10 bucks.

Comment

there can never be a situation where a guy wouldn't need another t-shirt...

I know I can always do with new clothes.

polywear's too pricy though

Comment

Take our our money gdammit .

Or alternatively become a tax collector in belgium
                Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Give us an option besides Paypal and I'll toss a few bucks on the fire.

Comment

I'm against this idea. As soon as it is implemented, I'll be leaving Apolyton and I'll be going to... to... Civfanatics...

mmm... ok, how much I'll have to pay?
                    I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

I refuse to pay! I demand access to this site for free!! Also, I want no popups!!!!!
                      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

I want someone to clean my house once a week for free but let's face it, quality service requires some kind of reciprocal and love doesn't pay the bills.

Comment

Besides, the idea is for it to be completely voluntairy with no extra's attached.
                          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                          Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

This idea has been floated around many times. Mark has always seemed touched when it comes up, but his answer has always been that he didn't feel comfortable doing it, and suggested that people just buy more stuff.
                            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

My wife would kill me if I bought more "junk" and piled it in our apartment. Tell Mark to put something like World Peace or The Truth up for sale in the Apolyton Store so that way he could benefit from additional cash and we could benefit from decreased nagging.

Comment

Working...
                              X