Server Trouble?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FrustratedPoet
    I think the influx of Rise of Nations traffic is causing problems.
    the simple solution is to ban all of the Civ3 people, that should lower the load signifcantly

Comment

The Civ2 crowd have been around here long enough, maybe it's about time they stepped aside and let the younger generation take charge?
      If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
        I think there is more widespread trouble on the net, a vast number of sites are down or slow and have been that way for a few days.

The net is dying!

On the bright side, at least that means Poly might be ok.
        hi ,

no problem with any other sites so far , and poly is getting back to normal as we speak , ....

have a nice day
        - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
        - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
        WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Get rid of the Cive 3 AND the Civ 2 crowd. Keep only SMAC, Civ1 and MoM

-Jam
          1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
          That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
          Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
          Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Why not simply keep the off-topic and dump the rest?

HT,

excellent idea.
            "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

How about if we dump everything but the Dinosaurs forum?

Comment

the simple solution is to ban all of the Civ3 people, that should lower the load significantly
                I agree, just compare the sizes of the two MP groups. Civ2's is larger, despite being the older game.

What do you say, Ming?
                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Actually, note how much of the load comes from the OTF

Skanky, I think that might be so (the net as a whole having problems.) I've gotten "Server too busy" messages on sites that I never knew they even had the messages.
                  meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Glad to see others are having problems as well...........hopefully Mark will fix it soon.

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
                      Glad to see others are having problems as well
                      Sadist.
                      If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

My gf asked me when I wrote that post why I want others to have problems as well.

Of course I meant that me having an isolated problem is worse than everyone encountering a problem. But in FP's case..................

Comment

Yeah, it just brightens my day when I know FP can't post on Poly.

On a related note, Poly has had over 1850 active posters in the last month, so Settler2 is under a heavy load.
                          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

For the past few days I've experienced sloooooooow load times. I have access to two different T1 lines and dialup and all are slow.
                            signature not visible until patch comes out.

Comment

1850 of what...33.000 or something? Wow, I hope that the other won't suddenly come here too...
                              Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                              I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                              Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
                                Glad to see others are having problems as well...........hopefully Mark will fix it soon.
                                Oh, you mean, ... in ... about ... a year?
                                Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Working...
                                X