moving threads question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plus changing names. Talk about spam!!

(In no way does this post represent any desire for that particluar thread to stop being updated, however)
    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor

Well, I only remember Menlas, and it was like 10-30 posts less. I remeber having noticed it with many posters, but I don't recall whom. Skywalker complained he had his postcount reduced (before his PCR), so maybe he knows precisely what happened to him.

I don't remember this when was this?

Comment

Plus, many of mine are from doing the paperwork in the Ban Log

That system is a corrupt as a cop being paid on commision for writing tickets
        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
        Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by alva

That system is a corrupt as a cop being paid on commision for writing tickets
          Well Said!!!

ACK!
          Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Hmmm... maybe we should just stop the paperwork, ban whom ever we want... never release them since there is no record that they were even banned...

Hmmm... I'm starting to like the sound of this
            Keep on Civin'
            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Ming
              Hmmm... maybe we should just stop the paperwork, ban whom ever we want... never release them since there is no record that they were even banned...

Hmmm... I'm starting to like the sound of this
              Not that we think you would, but you could spam those forums and us mere mortals would never know!

ACK!
              Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Originally posted by Tuberski

Not that we think you would, but you could spam those forums and us mere mortals would never know!

ACK!
                Quid custodiet ipsos custodes.

Comment

Heaven forbid that forum becomes a post-count free zone like the OT.

I guess you need some incentive to do the paperwork though, even if it is only to increase the margin between you and the next closest deity.
                  I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Quid custodiet ipsos custodes.
                    Loret ipsum?
                    ---
                    Displaying Topics 1 to 25 of 4874
                    On a search of "All Open Forums" for User Name "Ming" and any date. I'm too lazy to figure how many posts/thread he actually does (if that's figurable using the data vBulletin gives you) so I'll let someone else do that
                    meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Originally posted by Ming

Or more logically, change it so that banning paperwork doesn't give you a +1.

But then that's about as likely as a politician awarding himself a paycut.
                      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

I don't think it's worth Ming's while to ban someone to get a +1..........he can do it far easier than that anyway, so I don't think there is much of a conflict of interest.

Comment

It's really just a pain in the neck to do the paperwork. But it has to be done so that if somebody whines to the admin, they will be able to see the details behind the ban and can respond properly. For the time and effort it takes to do it, I could just as easily make 10 or so posts in any of the Demo games

And if you really think I would ban somebody just to get a single post, I want some of whatever you are smoking
                          Keep on Civin'
                          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

It's not like those moderator muscles are getting flabby from lack of use.
                            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Ming does not need to spam to help his post count, he just responds to all of our spam to do it.
                              The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Good point............justifiable meta-spam probably accounts for 2k posts or so.

Comment

Working...
                                X