Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Apolyton already perfect or do you miss something?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Re: Is Apolyton already perfect or do you miss something?

Originally posted by DanQ

Preliminary plans have already been laid out into what can at least be described as a draft plan that can be reviewed at a later date.

----------
    Dan; Apolyton CS
    In other words, "we don't have the slightest idea".

Well, at least I don't have to ask for an international credit card yet.
    I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob_S
      Might I suggest . . . er . . . uhm . . . doing away with the titles after our monikers? Seems a bit, well, elitist, and . . . er . . . silly .
      You say that because you belong to the warlord rabble

Seriously, I like them as it is. They show a poster's implication in the Civ/SMAC community, even though most posts are spam.
      "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
      "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
      "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Is Apolyton already perfect or do you miss something?

Originally posted by Alex

In other words, "we don't have the slightest idea".

Well, at least I don't have to ask for an international credit card yet.
        hi ,

and aint that great , this way when we get the new things we are happy with the surprise

have a nice day
        - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
        - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
        WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Re: Re: Is Apolyton already perfect or do you miss something?

Originally posted by DanQ

We like to see people donating to cover site costs "indirectly": that is to say, by purchasing products via our various affiliations, e.g. Amazon, Chip&Bits, and our CafePress store. Why? There are several reasons, but the primary one is that you get something we trust that is in value in return for your contribution and therefore, of course, does not fall under the definition of a donation. We like this and we believe you do too.
          I do understand that point of view, as especially it means you don't have to handle transactions, etc. I have bought Anthony Beevor's Berlin 1945 Downfall, Andrew Williams' Battle of the Atlantic, Allied intelligence map over Berlin (1945) and PGIII Scorched Earth from Amazon.co.uk, Das Boot Original Filmmusik from Amazon.com and one lifetime vBulletin license from Jelsoft using Apolyton's referral codes. That sums in nearly 40 USD as affiliate earnings from me, from the past 10 months. However it's not yet what I would call an effective way to directly support Apolyton. If one has 5 € extra and would like to give it to Poly, it's nearly impossible as he/she would have to buy something so that ACS would be credited, but yet as there's 3rd parties involved, you only get a mariginal sum, compared to a direct donation which benefits you 100%. My idea is basically that the ability to directly support Poly encourages to maybe once a year or so give a small Christmas present for the service, rather than having to do it through 3rd parties. Indeed, goods are nice, but I don't intend to increase my consumption just to support Poly.
          For these reasons we have and will continue to not rule out donations as an option, but it is not something we are looking to implement at this very moment.
          Encourages to put a side a 5 or 10 € note for Poly.
          "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Might I suggest . . . er . . . uhm . . . doing away with the titles after our monikers? Seems a bit, well, elitist, and . . . er . . . silly .
            The titles are a nice carrot for some people to chase and keep them posting in the on-topic forums. You have to give people some goals.
            "We are living in the future, I'll tell you how I know, I read it in the paper, Fifteen years ago" - John Prine

Comment

i miss a new GOOD civ game to talk about
              Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by War4ever
                i miss a new GOOD civ game to talk about
                True, but asking Mark to develop and market an entire game seems a bit much.

However, it is on the to-do list.

Comment

Originally posted by Static Universe
                  The titles are a nice carrot for some people to chase and keep them posting in the on-topic forums. You have to give people some goals.
                  Fair enough. I like that. I'll not complain anymore, even tho' I'm not convinced entirely. Beyond that, I think everything about Apolyton is fine.
                  "We may be in a hallucination here, but that's no excuse for being delusional!." K.S. Robinson, 'The Years Of Rice And Salt.'

Comment

I like titles, especially as I'm < 500 posts from Emporer

Comment

/me makes motion to set the title for RobS to Mr. Twinkletoes.

I agree, they are absolutely ludicrous.
                      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

I'll not complain anymore, even tho' I'm not convinced entirely.
                        I think we should outlaw "locations" that are longer than the person's average post
                        Keep on Civin'
                        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I suggest outlawing all members that live in or near Chicago, IN, USA.
                          "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Originally posted by Ming

I think we should outlaw "locations" that are longer than the person's average post
                            Booooooo!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Asuka
                              I suggest outlawing all members that live in or near Chicago, IN, USA.
                              I can only find an East Chicago in Indiana

Comment

Oh, yes, sorry, IL for Illinois.

Comment

Working...
                                X