Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• up

Comment

• I am very sorry, I would have been gald to help, and I honestly thought I would have found the time.
      Which has not happened in the 4 days since I got the files and the passwords.... and I frankly can't promise you that I'll do it in the weekend, my r/l schedules are already putting a strain on me, this commitment will surely have to come after.

As I realise I'm holding your game, I'm doing you more harm than good.
      Really, one more week could easily pass.
      Srry if I took on a task I wasn't up to...
      I don't exactly know what I mean by that, but I mean it (Holden Caulfield)

Comment

• Okay... Knowhow2? Does your offer still stand?

MariOne - thanks for trying, anyhow.

Dave

Comment

• MariOne/KnowHow2:

Whomever can get to this the quickest would be most definitely in my debt. Thanks...

Claw919

Comment

• I my simple ruling without looking at pass turns is to replay the turn which the "illegal" pact was made.

Unfortunetly I don't have the time to look into thinks either. But from the reading I did before I would say that this is most fair to all players.
            It's close to midnight and something evil's is lurking in the dark.

Comment

• Baloney!!

Comment

• Mongoose, who do you think it is unfair to replay the affected turns?

If we had just done that at first, we'd be back to 2206 by now!
                Creator of the Ultimate Builder Map, based on the Huge Map of Planet, available at The Chironian Guild:
                http://guild.ask-klan.net.pl/eng/index.html

Comment

• Geez.

Okay, look. We need a consensus here, and it looks like the only one we're going to get is to have MariOne do the judgement. However long it takes, we'll simply have to wait.

(In other words - if someone decides that a ruling is "Baloney" and simply won't continue, then there's no point in having a ruling).

However, since Mongoose did bring up MariOne as a juge (and, particularly since MariOne has already alluded to the fact that he'll tend to be more lenient on Fromage/KK than Mongoose's suggestion), we'll just simply have to wait.

MariOne - thanks for doing this for us - as soon as you get a chance, it would be very much appreciated if you could have a look at this.

Comment

• Damn, moral obligations, they keep shredding my soul, it's something I haven't learned to cope with yet, despite being just 3 months away from 40....

I'll do the best I can, maybe this weekend (?).

Obvioulsy, replaying would be the simplest way to remove the cause.
                    But it's clear that if a player was launching an undercover attack, that would not work the 2nd time around (just like love...). This would be very unfair, denying a strategical opportunity to an innocent one.

Otoh **** happens, and like you have to live with a referee mistake, just as if a passing bird had deflected your winning touchdown pass, so you could live with the fact that a "game accident" denied you the surprise factor. After all, when replaying, you could surprise the escaped victim by attempting something different, knowing that he'll be now all focused to counter your initial plan... Or maybe this time you could just efficiently develop while he wastes his resources in a no more requested defensive effort...

Anyway, I'll try to devise the best way to make for reparations and reinstatement of legality without replaying and thus denying the military surprise factor, which also without having actually looked in the turns yet, I understand could be a major issue.

You know from the start that I'm not mindset to issue any "sanction" but just to find the fairest workaround.
                    I don't exactly know what I mean by that, but I mean it (Holden Caulfield)

Comment

• Can we just consider the game dead? I assume we all have already, but I just want to confirm it so I can take this "off the books", so to speak. It's been idle for about a month now.

Comment

• Yeah, I vote for scrapping it too. We'll never be able to come up with a solution that will be satisfactory to all players.

Comment

• I thought we had a solution ready allready. DD just didn't play his turn.

Comment

• i think it best we just call this game off. oh, and someone should tell who's trying to arbitrate this, to stop as well.

Comment

• Play WHAT turn? That's not clear. Game called on account of one word:

Baloney! --Mongoose
                              Creator of the Ultimate Builder Map, based on the Huge Map of Planet, available at The Chironian Guild:
                              http://guild.ask-klan.net.pl/eng/index.html

Comment

• Aw, geez.

Let's not end with hard feelings. Regardless, there wasn't any realistic possibility that a good solution could be found. SMH and Mong's attack was doomed to suffer regardless of the decision (save for INCREDIBLY stiff sanctions against Fromage, which wouldn't go over big on his/KK's side of the map). No matter what, then, you'd have people who had feelings of "*Sigh*... this is pointless, now..." 40 turns from now when things didn't go their way - it probably wasn't prudent to try and salvage it anyway.

Thanks, guys - even though it didn't end well, I was enjoying the game while it was in motion. Thanks (and apologies) to the replacement players as well, who stepped in and tried to save a wounded animal that had already had all 4 limbs cut off and 1 eye put out.

Dave

Comment

Working...
                                X