Turns of SMACDatAss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey...... claw919.............

You took everybody's password at the sign-up...

Remember...... .......

.................................................. .......
    This is what it means to be a Spartan. It's not the killing or the suffering that matters. It's the purity of focus, without fear of death or pain.

Comment

From Claw's email to me:

There is (of course) a problem.

He's the only person who hasn't given me his
      password.

Yep - you got that right. Despite my constant
      badgering, he never gave me his password.

Comment

Well that does make it interesting... But since we're not too far into the game, we could restart it... I've no huge wish to let the game die
        Play hangman.

Comment

I *ASKED* for everyone's password. I asked DWCOLE several times. I actually only RECEIVED 5 of the passwords, and just kind of got tired of babysitting the whole thing ("Bah - everything's rolling along fine anyhow").

Okie dokie. What about a restart, then? I recall Chaunk wanted a restart earlier, anyhow, so... I'm not opposed to it.

Also, if everyone would like an accellerated game other than just a regular 'time warp', I'd be agreeable to that as well. Not a STOCK beginning, but something where we started with a few CPs or something.

Everyone, please sound off on the above. Restart or wait for DWCOLE to get the password to me? Time warp OK, or try some other means of accellerated start?

I'll be sending out an email, as well, to draw everyone's attention. It's worth noting that DWCOLE was the slowest player anyhow (usually accounting for like 65-75% of our downtime between turns), so a newly created game should progress really quickly.

Dave

Comment

(Shrug). I'm starting to think I'm painting a picture of myself as a complete follower, but the truth is, I'm absolutely indifferent on the subject of a restart. I'm the capitol of Ambivalence, demonstrated with the following conflicting icons: , , ...

Comment

I'm all for restarting. As to time warp, its something different isn't it. I dunno though, I suppose I'm not too bothered either way on that.

One thing I would like though, is a little more land... please?
              Play hangman.

Comment

All right! Concedo! Time warp if you want to.

How about faction choices? Same, re-roll, select?

Truth to tell, that doesn't matter to me, but... I'll take the Believers if nobody else wants them. That way, under whatever method is used, everyone will have a better chance of getting something they can live with.

Comment

I like having random faction's assigned.
                  I like lots of ocean.
                  I like lots of fungus.
                  I don't like accelerated start. (a couple of CP's an a unity foil is fine though.)
                  This is what it means to be a Spartan. It's not the killing or the suffering that matters. It's the purity of focus, without fear of death or pain.

Comment

A restart is cool

althought I was begining to like the green and its budding social relations with the Morganites a restart sounds good to me if it will help keep the turns flowin.

Also I thing adding Mongoose is great! I'm playing another PBEM "MISC" with him and he's definatly reliable and timely...I'll vouch for him!

Also accelerated and ramndo factions is what I would vote for.

'Cube

Comment

I don't like lots of ocean. The less ocean the better. I don't remember how the land set up works in Alpha Centauri, but I like huge map with as much of it land filled as possible.

Comment

Cube: All the MISC players are here, in case you didn't notice.

Okie dokie, restart it is.

I'm going to *ASSUME* that rerolling factions is what everyone wanted, and that everyone just kind of accepts an accellerated start (though few people actually *want* it).

To get the game rolling again, I'll redo the random factions (including the Believers, but thanks for the offer, Mong) and plug everything into a game and send off the first turn. If someone has a problem with the above, please let me know so we can redo the game before it goes too far. There's like 20 game settings - if we vote on them all (ie. ocean, fungus, etc), we're going to be here for weeks until the game gets going, so I'll leave everything as it was last game.

Kosher? I'll send an email to all shortly.

Thanks, Mong, for stepping in.

Comment

Sure, Claw. Whatever works.

Kindly restate what all of those settings are, though, for us latecomers.

Comment

If you need someone to hold your password. I can do it.
                            It's close to midnight and something evil's is lurking in the dark.

Comment

first turn after restart sent ti sin man

Comment

2181 sent to Dynamo. Holy long set up process, Bat Man!

Comment

Working...
                                X