Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Planetfall: Humanity's New Challenge (turn reporting thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The ammount of Spartan and Believer armous deployed is unbelievable! I'm getting attacked even at home. This is unacceptable. I'm going to reorganize my forces.

Comment

• turn to darsnan
      Don't rule me out when I'm losing. Save your celebration until after I'm gone.

Comment

• the naval bombardment of Sparta Command has commenced. We have moved our assault formation next to it for the battle to begin next turn!

Turn to Spasm

Comment

• off to darsnan

Comment

• well your communique must have been intercepted by either Spartan or Believer Intelligence: I still haven't received the turn. When you get a chance, please resend.

D

Comment

• Well it looks like I sent the turn off to arborman.

Anyway, I am re-sending to turn to Darsnan.

Comment

• Originally posted by wgabrie
                Well it looks like I sent the turn off to arborman.
                Now we know who has been leading the spirited Spartan and Believer onslaught: the evil arborman!

Sparta was emptied of defenders, however all was given in the assault. We will have to wait until the next Standard Turn to claim this prize! Meanwhile, in our southern offensive, we have met stiff Spartan resistance. We will wait until our Assault Infantry are in place before proceeding.

Turn to Spasm

Comment

• turn to darsnan

Comment

• I hope.

Comment

• Sparta Command has fallen! However, not without significant losses: gone are the days of advances of 3 tiles every Standard Turn, as was experienced after the fall of War Outpost. Now, it is savage fighting, house to house, in the city sprawl of Sparta which has just fallen, as well as now the outer suburbs of Defiance Freehold. Advances are now measured in how the war of attrition fares: we are bringing up our siege machines to tip the scales of this new war in our favor.

Turn to Spasm

Comment

• TURN!

I have another proposal! Let's ignore the transcend victory path!

I've been involved with 3-4 other PBEM games, and all of them got stuck in a senseless race for transcend. 4 players, armed with 20 nukes each, and as many orbital pods, race dor transcend for 2 months ;-(

This game is the best evenr, because we really get some action and everything.

Another proposal: Let's get a 4'th player and start a new game in parallel with this one. We seem to be turning really fast some times (4 turns /day). This time wgabrie can play the believers ;-)

Looking forward to hearing from you! ;-)

Comment

• Originally posted by SPasmofiT
                          I have another proposal! Let's ignore the transcend victory path!
                          It's fine with me if we don't transcend. I don't transcend that often anyway because it's a long drawn out process.

Another proposal: Let's get a 4'th player and start a new game in parallel with this one. We seem to be turning really fast some times (4 turns /day). This time wgabrie can play the believers ;-)
                          That's a good idea. It is fun and I think someone else would enjoy a change of pace as well.

turn to darsnan

Comment

• Originally posted by SPasmofiT
                            Some names: Radman, Northswordsman (we've got a game called "AI's Revenge" over at Civgaming which is moving at about the same pace as this one), Paul, and arborman (who, thanx to wgabrie, was inadvertently involved in this game already! ).

The Spartans have, er, had an air force: I just knocked out a Spartan needlejet. FYI.

So as to know which avenue to assault/ defend against, where are you guys concentrating your forces against the Spartans? I am now experiencing heavy casualties thanx to a spirited counterattack by the Spartans, and I have limited support for my forces!

Turn to Spasm

Comment

• I didn't have much luck in the Spartan sector. I attacked some of their bases, but it seems I'm not getting anywhere. Miriam is also attacking me witha bunch of 2-2-1s and 8-4-1s.

Comment

• The Morgans are in a life or death strugle just trying to hold our one base from the jets and probe teams, so no advancement on that front anytime soon. The Peacekeepers are going to help the Hive in their offence, but we won't take any Spartan bases until the Hive gets a good foot-hold into the jungles. That is *if* we make it that far.

turn to darsnan

Comment

Working...
                                X