Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Planetfall: Humanity's New Challenge (turn reporting thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have SMAX, but would rather stick with SMAC: I have had a lot of in-game lockup issues when I play SMAX MP's for some reason that I haven't been able to pinpoint yet. However, if the consensus by wgabrie, Spasmofit, and "X" is to play SMAX, then I want in. If the game does turn out to be SMAX, then could I play Cha Dawn instead of the one's you offer Googlie?

Comment

• Could do - the "game parameters" were the three aggressive factions on one side (two of whom, Usurpers and Believers, get +25% bonuses when attacking) versus four more-or-less builder factions. Make the troika come hunting for bear. A human playing the Cult would be much more outgoing and would take the fight to the troika using Planet as an ally

Hmmm ........ maybe a Cult clone as well as the original Cult. Then we'd have 2 blocs vying for Planet's blessing. That might make for a neat game "Battle of the Mindworm Brigades"

Or maybe I should just post the original concept as a "players wanted", and custom design something for you guys in SMAC

G.

Comment

• I do have SMAX, and the game concept is interesting, but I think I'll have to decline on this one. I want to try out the Believers aginst the other human players.
        Don't rule me out when I'm losing. Save your celebration until after I'm gone.

Comment

• I don't have SMAX and I can't find it!
          I guess we're stuck w/ SMAC.

Comment

• I had to agree on a truce, temporarly, with the Believers. They have masisve aries coming into the central theatre.

Comment

• Poof and my army is gone.

turn to darsnan

Comment

• In a diversionary attack, the Gaians have assaulted and taken Assassin's Redoubt. This should force the Spartans to weaken other sectors where they have been building up, in order to oppose this new penetration into their interior.
                The true Gaian intentions, Defiance Freehold, will be taken next turn. We will then move our naval bombardment forces to Sparta Command and begin the bombardment of the city directly south of there in 2 Standard Turns: Spasmofit, if you can, then in about 5 Standard Turns after this I should have the forces in that city reduced significantly, and you should be able to launch a successful attack.

Turn to Spasmofit

Comment

• This will take forever. And besides everything else, I didn't do any impression on Miriam. It seems that by the time the Spartans are gone, we're going to have 4 major powers in the game, and 1-2 minor ones. Nasty!

Comment

• 1-2 minor factions? What are you worried about? That must be the PKs and Morgans.

Wait a minute that's me!

turn to darsnan

Comment

• sorry about the reload, guys: I guess I shouldn't have left so many applications open when I played the turn!

The backbone of the Spartan resistance is now broken. Derfiance Freehold, stocked with every availble unit Colonel Santiago could muster, was still taken in a bitterly fought affair. We have now split the Spartan defensive "shell" in half, and now can attack along whichever axis we feel is most beneficial expedient.

Do I have it right that I am the only human in vendetta with the Bible Thumpers right now? Also, the Treaty of 2180 is going to expire in 5 Standard Turns: I, for one, am all for extending this treaty for another 20 Standard Turns (till 2220) so that I can deal with Miriam myself.

Turn to Spasm

Comment

• After I'll take another Spartan base, I'll redeclare vendetta on ger. I almost had to, be the crisis was adverted.

As for the truce, I'm no loger in favor of it. I'm not saying I want to attack, I'm only saying that I want that option open. I think that all bets should be off in 10 turns.

I suggest we extend the pact another 5 turns (10 turns from now, in total), after wich all arangements are of.

I don't plan on attacking anyone, but if I must, I will do so, after the 10 turns elapse. I really like the trade, and I hope no millitary action will be necessary.

Comment

• turn to darsnan

Comment

• The Spartans are dug in quite well: I lost 4 units this turn assaulting their positions, and not one city was taken!
                            However, it is noted that the Spartans are in defensive positions only. Because of this, we are going to repair our assault infantry and Berserker Mindworms at the monolith southeast of Sparta, and then re-initiate the assault. We also took out a Believer aircraft - the first airborne unit we have seen from the Bible Thumpers.
                            In other news, we have redesignated the attack force now in Spartan territory as the Gaian Expeditionary Force. This force differs from the newly constituted Home Force, which will be charged with defending Gaian borders. The Home Force's first task will be to investigate the unethical research that is occuring at the remaining University base, and to proceed in what is determined to ber the best interests of the Gaian people.

Turn to Spasm

Comment

• turn to darsnan

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X