Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turn to Gregurabi.

-----------------
    Gentlemen, please be advised that beginning Wednesday evening (USA eastern time), turns will be slower for me, as I will be out of town for several days, but will be playing from a relative's computer. However, I will not be able to put the time in that I do in this game. Beginning Saturday evening, my turnover will resume it's regular rate. Thank you for your patience.

Comment

• No problem with me Randy-- enjoy some turkey --

I don't think anyone could EVER give you grief over your play rate .based on apolyton posting times your return rate was 3 minutes, 8 minutes and 14 minutes in the last three turns But you do need to watch the trend -- Thats a 466% increase over 2 turns
      Last edited by Flubber; November 21, 2001, 03:10.
      You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• M.Y. 2153 for Flubber

My scouts have reported a newly discovered species of the native life. They're calling it a "spore launcher" because in some ways it resembles an artillery piece. They claim that it shot several kilograms of spores over a distance of at least 20 kilometers. Upon impact, the spores killed a new-growth forest area nearly instantaneously.

I've sent my scouts to investigate, and if possible, to capture or eliminate this fungal infestation. I shudder to think what would happen if these spores landed on a populated area.

-- Commissioner Gregurabi's Journal, M.Y. 2152

Comment

• 2153 to paul
          You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• 2153 to Randy

Comment

• Originally posted by Flubber
              But you do need to watch the trend -- Thats a 466% increase over 2 turns
              Flubber, this one is for you: *big raspberry*

Of course I'll enjoy some turkey. And watch my Lions (Turkeys in a Lions football uniform) get roasted by the Meat-Packers.

But, I will be able to get online several times a day for turns so it shouldn't be too much of a lag, few hours at most, I think. After all the work I put into my in-law's computer system, they are more than happy to let me play. :-). I have to install 2 256 mb Ram Mods. Joy. Not.

Comment

• Turn to Gregurabi.

Fast enough for you Flubber?

Comment

• well lets see-- I played and within 10 minutes, TWO other players had passed the turn on-- I think I am too slow for this game --

Comment

• Originally posted by Flubber

well lets see-- I played and within 10 minutes, TWO other players had passed the turn on-- I think I am too slow for this game --
                    Maybe... just maybe... you are getting too old for this?

Comment

• 2154 to the venerable Flubber

Comment

• 2154 to paul

Comment

• 2154 to Randy

Comment

• Turn to Gregurabi's Peacekeepers.

==================
                            To those who celebrate the US Thanksgiving: Happy Turkey Day, friends.

Comment

• 2155 -> Flubber

Our workers are to be congratulated: we have arranged a public transit system which is unrivaled in human knowledge. Our entire nation is now united; workers and their families are free to travel to the locations where their labor is required, to visit their families, and so on. This is an enormous boon for many workers who were previously unable to leave their current locations because they could not afford to do so.

However, this festive occasion was marred by the attack of some more of the native life forms -- this time, a mind worm mass actually attacked one of our cities. It was kept at bay by a scout patrol, who gave their lives to protect the civilians. I have sent my condolences to their families; they will all receive posthumous medals, of course. One of those "spore launchers" assisted in the attack by destroying a sensor array. If I didn't know better, I could swear that the coordination displayed by the native life forms is nearly a sign of intelligence. (But obviously fungus cannot be intellient!)

Reserve troops and scouts from neighboring areas are being sent to join the battle.

-- Commissioner Gregurabi's Journal, M.Y. 2154

Comment

• 2155 Paul

Comment

Working...
                                X