Sealurk Alert -Turn Tracking thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sealurk Alert -Turn Tracking thread

This is a 4 player Smax MP game with the following cast of characters and turn order

Flubber University sharris4141@yahoo.com
    Smartfart Morganites rozovko@inet.hr
    NorthSwordsman Spartans northswordsman@yahoo.com
    Gregurabi Peacekeepers greg@wooledge.org

The AI are the Spartans, gaians and Consciousness or as Googlie referred to them, the "three witches"

The moderator is googlie linfrew@aol.com . As a reminder, the rules to be used are as follows:

Do or Die: eliminated players are not restarted

Spoils of War off

Non-Blind (directed) research

No random events

All victory conditions allowed including cooperative

Unity survey off - map is unknown

Look first on
    Normal starting conditions

PBEM specific rules/restrictions on exploiting bugs:
    Multiple reloading of the game to try for different effects is forbidden.

Multiple drops or orbital insertions using the right-click menu is forbidden.

Inserting Stockpile Energy into the build queue after a military unit is forbidden.

If a player employs a tactic that causes a state of vendetta, they are not allowed to "accept" a pending diplomatic agreement with that faction, causing a change in diplomatic status or the transfer of energy or knowledge.

If a probe team action is employed against a Treatied or Pacted faction, the initiator must choose the "Declare Vendetta" option, unless permission is received in advance for the action (email).

Upgrading units with the design workshop is allowed at end of turn only.

Communications only allowed between factions that have obtained each others' commlink frequencies in-game.

Social engineering choice limited to one switch per line per turn. (no flip-flop within turn!)

Psi units cannot be assigned multiple point patrol routes (avoid instant demon boil bug!)

No base trading with the AI.

Reverse engineering of units is permitted with the exception of engineering rovers from the probe team rover chassis.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I believe that that is all for now so I will send along the turn to Smartfart when I get it from googlie
    Last edited by Flubber; October 3, 2001, 11:16.
    You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Passwords and e-mail instructions sent to all

2101 sent to Flubber

Comment

Turn 2101 to Smartfart

Note that I found the graphics were "off" since I appeared as the consciousness colors and in the diplomacy screens. The morganites and spartans had their correct colors and graphics but the PKs appeared to be like the Drones.

I do not mind this bug and would tend to play through it BUT if anyone has a problem with this effect I am sure we could try to get it fixed.

This type of bug does not affect gameplay at all except to the extent you have to reorient your thinking as to what the colors mean. In another game I am in, the Cult is white and I have gotten used to seeing ZAKs face in the diplomacy screen even thouggh I am dealing with the prophet and the title on the comm screen indicates it is the prophet. All the titles remain correct to the true faction, it is only the graphics that are switched.

So play on or try to get this fixed?
      You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

2101...to Spartans.

You got this file from my 2ndary adress which is emperoratrix@lycos.com

Anyway...I don't care being white as Morgan,but if you really insist to fix it...go ahead as long as I don't have anything to do

Cheers.

SF
        My life, my rules

Comment

It happens on nearly all smax games that are scenarioed - apparently a fix exists that involves rejigging the faction graphics, but neither Tau nor I have ever learned how - most of the AXT series have this "feature."

When I set up the game and set the pods etc in pace, all the faction graphics were correct - and they are correct when I playtest the twenty or so turns as well (I understand it has something to do with the factions played in the last game that each individual player played - they carry forward in the .ini file)

G.

Comment

So we will just go ahead-- its really no big deal.

Comment

Turn to the PK's. I had the University graphics, lol. Not a problem.

Comment

Turn 2102 sent to Flubber. I have the black (Spartan) color.

Comment

Turn to smartfart as 2102 rolls on

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  University scout report

NOTHING TO REPORT. EXPLORATION WILL CONTINUE

Comment

2102 to Spartans.
                    My life, my rules

Comment

2102 to the 'keepers.

Comment

2103 to Flubber. Dontcha just hate it when you can't get the tech you wanted?

Comment

2103 to Smartfart

It can be annoying when the tech you want does not come up-- thats for sure

Comment

2103...to Spartans.
                            My life, my rules

Comment

2103 to the Gregster's PeaceKeepers.

Comment

Working...
                              X