No announcement yet.

Turns of AXT042 game in Apolyton PBEM Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2122 to that former junkie (read it any way you want... ;-) ), cbn...

Comment

2122 done 2123 to the Cult

Comment

turn 2123 to tench
        It's close to midnight and something evil's is lurking in the dark.

Comment

Year 2123 to Walt.

"The mind worms are Planet's native wildlife. They seem to feed off of neural energy, requiring squads with the utmost in morale training to fend them off. However, we are encouraged by the reports that at least one of our talents, a young girl named Lindley, seems to have an innate ability to establish mental contact these mind worms.

"We will send her to one of our expansion bases, Song of Planet, for further study. We will closely monitor her condition as she tries to establish further contact with the worms."

Comment

Suddenly the freak shows (meaning the cult) isn't the wealthiest anymore, instead, the "lazy trouble makers" (pa 49 smac manual) is.
            CEO Walt, having trouble eh?

Comment

Of all the factors I would put the least emphasis on "wealth". You can go from first to last with a single rush-build.

Oh and walt- "former junkie" ROTFLMAO. I will assume you mean "former" in the game sense of a tractor and not in the sense of "previous" LOL although some of those parties at Drone Central get pretty wild. party on and pass the soma.
              -----------------------------------------------------------------------

Foreman cbn met with the treasurer of the Workers Savings fund.

" Can you explain the sudden outflows of cash? We had stockpiled many credits and I am concerned that the workers pension funds are being taken for other purposes"

" Honored foreman, It is true that I have used my powers to borrow against the pension fund. We used the credits to invest in the former building drive. Our projections show that the added production of our factories will yield a 33% return on investment. The credits are quite secure and the trickle down effect of the added industrial activity will provide an economic boost. I have some graphs here showing the regreesion tendencies of the multivar-"

"-- No NO thats quite all right. So what you are saying is that we can use up credits now to build things now and that the benefits are such that we would get a boost in credits and production so that we are further ahead in the future"

" yes foreman. It is a long-standing theory that was best explained by the great Vel in his papers on Turn Advantage. It is now widely accepted by most economists"

" Can I rush any item I want, training of a new military squad, anw building or a Secret Project"

" Yes foreman, anything. Although it is quite expensive to rush a secret Project, it is possible. However I advise that there are better ways to spend the money. In fact I advise that you consider -- . . . "

" --Thanks. Thats all I need for now . You have given me much to ponder"

[This message has been edited by cbn (edited March 22, 2001).]

Comment

sorry --Double post
                [This message has been edited by cbn (edited March 22, 2001).]

Comment

2123 to cbn.

______

CEO Walt listened dispassionately to the report of his Senior V.P of Operations.

"So, to summarize, it seems that our researchers have plateaued. They're primarily pursuing communications technology that would allow us to link up our various bases in a pure democratic forum, while also allowing us to free up some resources now being used to monitor production distribution.

"But the early technology trades with the Spartans opened up so many avenues, that the research is no longer as directed as it once was, and its pace is lagging behind: basically, all the brains are working on different problems."

CEO Walt knew there was no point in forcing his researchers: they would work on what they wanted to work on. But there were ways to provide incentives.

"Alright," he said, "slash the research budgets. Tell Croesus over in Finance that he has the go-ahead on the capital development plan, and tell Scott in Engineering that his ten-year plan for the recycling tanks is approved...only, he better have results in five...

"Tell Media to play up the 'unity of purpose' of the Engineering and Finance groups. I want to hear on every news report how they embody the spirit of the original Unity mission, and how they best exemplify the Morganite pursuit of the original mission goals.

"We'll see if we can't shock the eggheads into giving their all for the team..."

The finance picture did indeed look bleak, but he'd overseen enough start-ups in his venture capital days to know that the lack of cash was just a sign of rapid growth. The latest colony pod would roll of the line by the end of the year, as would the latest fleet of formers, and by the end of the decade four bases would be building the capitalist dream that he knew would bring freedom and prosperity to all willing to work for it here on Planet.

"Rachel! Another coffee! Black! And get me Santiago on the Red Phone!"

Comment

ignore this.
                    [This message has been edited by knowhow2 (edited March 22, 2001).]

Comment

• quote:

Originally posted by cbn on 03-22-2001 09:10 AM
                      Of all the factors I would put the least emphasis on "wealth". You can go from first to last with a single rush-build.

you should be glad over all those little things in life, such as actually BEING ON the list over "most poweful" faction (well who's who anyway). I use to be on one of those, now, not so much.

"so do you really know what the prophet means when he wants us to worship the planet voice? I mean, the order was to build a rec tank. What does that have to do with listen to the vocie?"

said on a coffee break by someone

Comment

• Guys, I'll be gone between now and Saturday night (Pacific time), so I won't be able to play my turn until then.

I also won't be here next week from Wednesday night (March 28) to Sunday night (April 1), so the game will have to be suspended during that time as well.

My apologies. There probably won't be any more interruptions on my part after that.

Comment

• Thanks for the heads up and no apologies necessary. Real life will intrude from time to time if we are playing games for months. I know that I will be unavailable for 3-4 days in late April (around the 25th). I will post the exact dates for all your info closer to my departure time.

Comment

• Back from my first abscence, and I still don't see year 2124 yet. Has something gone wrong? Seems like Walt was the last guy who completed year 2123, and we're waiting on cbn.

Comment

• Turn 2123 done and 2124 on its way to the cult

Comment

• turn 2124 to tench

Comment

Working...
                                X