No announcement yet.

OktoberFist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Googlie: The diplomacy screen only displays three messages at a time, so you can just press enter three times.

big_canuk: The game gives a tampering message if you so much as try to open the file.

Comment

echoed. In fact, if you even get to the password screen and then exit, the game will give a tampering message !!
      Team 'Poly

Comment

TC:

I didn't know that - if I had hit enter 3 times it would have pushed everything else off the screen when I saved and exited?

I'm sure in other games I've sen more than 3 lines (maybe 3 incoming and 3 that I add, tho - presumably it will drop the first 3 when I save and exit)

G.

Comment

Correct. It may display more lines on your turn if you have added some yourself, but only the last three will show up in your opponent's diplomacy screen.

Comment

Turn sent to Xwaste, via the new Aerospace Complex at Free Drone Central.

kidding about the complex, btw
            wanted your hearts to race for a sec

[This message has been edited by gopher (edited November 29, 2000).]
            "Dave, if medicine tasted good, I'd be pouring cough syrup on my pancakes." -Jimmy James, Newsradio

"Your plans to find love, fortune, and happiness utterly ignore the Second Law Of Thermodynamics."-Horiscope from The Onion

Comment

Are we stalled?

Googlie

[This message has been edited by Googlie (edited December 05, 2000).]

Comment

Guys, we here at Free Drone Central have a problem.
                In my last turn, I pressed the "end turn" button, and it confirmed Xwaste;s turn. However, Xwaste continually got my turn, even when I reloaded the last turn sent in to me, and replayed and sent it. What is going on, and how do I remidy it?

GOpher
                "Dave, if medicine tasted good, I'd be pouring cough syrup on my pancakes." -Jimmy James, Newsradio

"Your plans to find love, fortune, and happiness utterly ignore the Second Law Of Thermodynamics."-Horiscope from The Onion

Comment

The last one worked Gopher

So we're back, turn received and sent

Comment

2190 sent to Misotu.

This message brought to you by the Cyborgs that care at Alpha Prime...

JSchwab

Comment

• And 2190 is now with Googlie.
                      Team 'Poly

Comment

• 2190 up on our shared xdrive for big_canuk

Comment

• Deimos: 2190 is on the xdrive for you!

All: Darn, another replay msg. This game is jinxed! And when I read the thread, you have told me that my experiment won't work anyway. I exited from the password screen, to check if I got a replay msg. Guess what?
                          Team 'Poly

Comment

• Oi! Big_Canuck! Noooo!

(sorry. Brit TV reference. No excuse )

Told ya. Learnt that from my first ever game on ACOL. Oh gawd, the embarrassment ...
                            Team 'Poly

Comment

• MY2190 to Forman Gopher
                              "That which does not kill me, makes me stronger." -- Friedrich Nietzsche
                              "That which does not kill me, missed." -- Anonymous war gamer
                              "I fear that we have awakened a sleeping giant and instilled in it a terrible resolve." - Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

Comment

• Turn to Xwaste the Angel.

P.S. AS of 14th of Dec, I will be traveling to South America for Christmas, and will not be able to play until Jan 9 (around). Sorry for the inconvienence

Comment

Working...
                                X