• OktoberFist

EDITED:final, final

Here's the finalized game order and players with the e-mail addies:

Gaians: Misotu (misotu@hotmail.com)
    Hive: Googlie (googlie@ireland.com)
    University: DaRanger (admin@nibss.com)
    Pirates: Deimos (deimos@civgaming.net)
    Drones: Gopher (jochmans@pilot.msu.edu)
    Data Angels: XWaste (xxx@adelaide.on.net)
    Cyborgs: jschwab (jschwab@uswest.net)

Settings (unless concensus otherwise):

Transcend
    Huge Map of Planet
    Average everything (Comes with huge MoP I believe)
    All winning conditions on
    Directed research
    Accelerated Start

Googlie

[This message has been edited by Googlie (edited October 27, 2000).]

Accelerated start is ok with me.
    "That which does not kill me, makes me stronger." -- Friedrich Nietzsche
    "That which does not kill me, missed." -- Anonymous war gamer
    "I fear that we have awakened a sleeping giant and instilled in it a terrible resolve." - Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

Comment

Hi there Googlie - hotmail has let me down badly the last couple of days, losing both incoming and outgoing mail. So sorry for the late response.

I'd prefer the Gaians to the Hive please. Thanks!

I hate the way the game gives you an accelerated start, so I vote no. We'll all get one SP each, which is insanely unbalancing, plus two or three rotten bases in poor positions. But if I'm outvoted, I'll live with it

Another question: Would it be worth making sure there's a record somewhere of everyone's password? We could get someone neutral to hold it - just makes it a lot easier to get a sub if anyone suddenly disappears without a trace.
      Team 'Poly

Comment

We're underway.

Faststart was the concensus, so it's been set up that way, and turn 2181 has been sent to Misotu (as the Gaians) to start us off.

For anyone not sure, you need to set your own passwords.

Only changes to the earlier list is that Misotu will play the Gaians, and I will play as the Hive.

Note too that whoever e-mails the turn to Deimos (Cyborg Consciousness) should be using the diemus@civgaming.net e-mailing addy (and not the bigfoot one)

Good luck

(And Misotu, it's a great suggestion to deposit our passwords with a third party - I'll e-mail around and get a volunteer)

Googlie

Comment

Correction to Googlie's post:

My e-mail addy is deimos@civgaming.net and I am playing the Pirates. The honor of playing the Cyborgs goes to jschwab.

Deimos
          "I fear that we have awakened a sleeping giant and instilled in it a terrible resolve." - Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

Comment

Talk about getting off to a fine start

sorry Deimos for the misspell and the misaccreditation (I did set you up as the Pirates in the game)

Googlie

[This message has been edited by Googlie (edited October 15, 2000).]

Comment

And another problem ... I didn't get the turn. Sorry Googlie. Can you resend? Please send to my hotmail address, with a copy to misotu@usa.com. That way I'll be bound to receive it. Thanks!

Posted and emailed.
              Team 'Poly

Comment

I take back everything I've ever said about accelerated start. It is a fine system, and should be used more often

2181 to Googlie.
                Team 'Poly

Comment

Uh-oh

Do we presume that the gaians are colonizing the Jungle?

G.

Comment

WOW - fast start is awesome when you have 80 years of catching up to do.

2181 sent to DaRanger

LOL, you'll get a tampering message - so long since i played a PBEM that I screwed up the start and saved before I played

G.

Comment

Where is everyone?
                      Team 'Poly

Comment

I was wondering the same thing. The games stalled and I haven't even got my first turn

I would at least have liked to see where I started

Comment

Yeah, what happened to this game??????
                          The Drones are pretty pissed that it has been 80 years and their leader still hasen't shown....
                          "Dave, if medicine tasted good, I'd be pouring cough syrup on my pancakes." -Jimmy James, Newsradio

"Your plans to find love, fortune, and happiness utterly ignore the Second Law Of Thermodynamics."-Horiscope from The Onion

Comment

OK Googlie ... time for you to exert your influence

48 hours to play a turn without prior notice of a delay is enough - and actually essential for a game involving so many human players. Let's go!
                            Team 'Poly

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Misotu on 10-20-2000 09:48 PM
                              48 hours to play a turn without prior notice of a delay is enough - and actually essential for a game involving so many human players. Let's go!

And yet another 48 hours pass...

Comment

Working...
                              X