The Phalanx Editorial Office

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sure, no problem. I accept.

I'm the commander of the transport fleet. Technically, I don't have to be on a ship to command it. Or do I?
    Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

• Sure, you'll just issue orders from behind a desk instead of a bridge.
      Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

• Hey, even more so with the MCC. I mean, this sophisticated software, I could even directly control the ship(s) from behind the desk. This is good stuff for another story.
        Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

• Ahh, good point You can uplink to it directly with the sophisticated systems at Arcadia University.
          Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

• Good read. Kass (even if it does differ slightly from the "official" version in teh fictional thread - I guess that's the trouble with embedded reporters, eh?)

Comment

• Great issue Kass!
              Still no reactions from the other players, can't wait to get home today and read them

Comment

• Still no responses... the thread views are low enough, so it might as well be the weekend still looming over the drowsier players, and it is early across the Atlantic still... but I'm still worried that behind the scenes elaborate discussions are being held to form an alliance to temper our "acts of aggression".

Comment

• Still no responses
                  Though I guess it's difficult to reply quickly to such a post. They can't really reply in character since the Morgans haven't met the other guys (am I right about that one? seems strange if that were allowed).

And I agree, there will be plenty of discussion regarding this move in the other camps.

Comment

• Morgan has met Zak, but neither the Gaians nor the Angels have

And I did post thsi in the Embassy - to tittilate them somewhat .........

Posted by Googlie in the Morgan Embassy in response to jtsisyoda's post re 4 ec's paid in error

Unfortunately I had opened (and almost completed the playing of) the turn before I saw this post in the Embassy. So I had accepted the 4 ec's before reading these notes.

Note now, however, that in liberating University Base (now renamed Arcadia University), we have taken possession of the Merchant Exchange as well as acquiring the technology of Environmental Economics, so our commerce income has taken a turn for the better (From our Treaty with the Corporation we see our commerce as being 6 ec's per turn while the Corporation's is 11, so our analysts tell us that 40% sharing of the 5 differential amounts to 2 ec's per year)
                    But no reply to that one

Comment

• Of course, if they keep ignoring the whole affair, I think we should interpret that as a carte blanche to deal with the University in any way we desire.

Comment

• Great issue Kassiopeia!

Originally posted by Snoddasmannen
                        Still no responses
                        Though I guess it's difficult to reply quickly to such a post. They can't really reply in character since the Morgans haven't met the other guys (am I right about that one? seems strange if that were allowed).
                        Or perhaps they are so afraid of us they don't dare to reply.

Originally posted by Kassiopeia
                        Of course, if they keep ignoring the whole affair, I think we should interpret that as a carte blanche to deal with the University in any way we desire.
                        Won't we do that anyhow?
                        Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
                        Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

• Does anyone know whether that 19th-20th century British doctrine that their fleet should be as big as all the fleets of the rest of the world together, has a name? I was thinking that we perhaps could write an article announcing a similar doctrine, following the completion of the Maritime Control Centre.

Comment

• Found references to it, but no name

see:

and

Comment

• Interesting sites

Comment

• We need to announce the Modo Doctrine, but Kassiopeia doesn't seem to be around. May I therefore suggest this short Issue #6, with only the Modo Doctrine and two other articles who'll get outdated if we wait too long? I've tried to copy Kassi's layout as much as I could.

The Phalanx

Your only reliable and trustworthy resource for news on the Spartan Federation. To quote the Spartan Battle Manual:

Information, the first principle of warfare, must form the foundation of all your efforts. Know, of course, thine enemy. But in knowing him do not forget above all to know thyself. The commander who embraces this totality of battle shall win even with the inferior force.

In this short Issue #6:

Modo Doctrine announced!
                                Government reformed!
                                Tassadar joins Spartans ranks!

Modo Doctrine announced!

SPARTA COMMAND – In a special press conference today Lt-Colonel Googlie, Director of CRYPTEIA, the Spartan Data Security & Counterespionage Agency, and Lt-Commander Modo of the Spartan Auxiliary Navy, announced the “Modo Doctrine”.

Following the example of the Old Earth American Monroe Doctrine, they declared the following:

“Sparta declares the inviolability of the Federation, its territory and its coastal waters, extending 8 tiles from its bases. Any vessel or unit, whether armed or unarmed, encroaching within this Federation Zone will be destroyed without warning.”

They also gave a stern warning to any foreign ships currently present in this Federation Zone to withdraw immediately or face the consequences, by being sunk by Sparta’s ever growing Coastal Guard, after the completion of the Maritime Control Centre the fastest of all Chiron.

Table of Contents

Government reformed!

OLYMPUS ACADEMY – As of MY 2148, the Spartan Federation has gone through a governmental reform. The gradual democratization happening in the last few decades has been put to a halt. Instead a factional state of emergency has been declared, concentrating power with the military and especially the higher echelon Junta.

The reason for this state of emergency had not been released at the time. Speculations therefore had gone wild of course, ranging from a power struggle within the Spartan elite to an invasion of the Progenitors. Now three years later the reasons have been officially announced: the reforms were necessary to succesfully prepare for the University invasion. Whatever the reason may be, protest has risen against the annulation of certain Helot rights (a Helot is a Spartan non-citizen) and the increased government control over the economy. Some liberal Helots have even called the new regime “Fundamentalist”. We have not been able to ask these liberals for further comment though, as they seem to have disappeared.

One of the first changes announced by the now even more powerful Junta government was an increase in military spending. The aim of that budget increase is to build up the most powerful and unchallenged elite army on Chiron. To that end the current military HQ at the Santiago Citadel command center has been moved to Olympus Academy. There a brand new Command Nexus has been built, equipped with the most modern information & communication technology, so strategists can even better guide our troops to victory!

Alongside these major reforms another minor measure was announced: an order to address Lt-Colonel Riveira with the title “Duce Maniac”. After some Dutch speaking Spartans started calling him the similarly pronounced “doetje” (softy) Maniac though, this measure was quickly reversed…

Table of Contents

Tassadar joins Spartan ranks!

SPARTA TV CHANNEL "PEOPLES TV" CHANNEL 002 (of 2)

When Comrade Tassadar and his group of exiles left the weak Morganic Republic in search of a better life, they faced many trials and tribulations along the way. Having become fat and lazy due to Morganic overindulgence the challenges they faced seem insurmountable - mindworms and other demons lurking in the corners and pockets of Planet, ready to end their quest for freedom and glory at any moment.

On Mission Year 2147, after their long search that has been called the Glorious People's Long March by historians, Tassadar and his group finally found Sector Cratersouth. Word has it that Tassadar was so overjoyed by this that he broke down into song (before being promptly arrested by the People's Spartan Internal Security Forces). The citizens were so overjoyed that this group of people had so willingly abandoned their great wealth in order to advance the people's Revolutionary Army that the text of the song has now been solidified in Sparta's great, long, rich history!

Now, we present to you Achimun Pinnara!

..Recovering Satellite Image....Accessing Datalinks....Compromising Internal Security......Transmitting Data to Faction Governments....Covering Tracks....Playing "DiversionVideo.mpg"....

*Cue the Music*

The morning sun has arisen, and shines over our great nation!

Our homeland has triumphed in defiance of the tempest storms!

My beautiful fatherland, may our youth never be repressed again,

Let us devote our minds and bodies to supporting our great Sparta!

My beautiful fatherland, may our youth never be repressed again,

Let us devote our minds and bodies to supporting our great Sparta!!!1

Glory to the Unified People and Soldiers of the Spartan Federation!

This has been a production of

СПАРТА СИНТРАЛ ТЕЛЕVИЗАЙОН 2 - Народное TV
                                SPARTA CENTRAL TELEVISION 2 - People's TV

For further information, please contact your local Barracks Propaganda Officer. If you would like a copy of the program you have just seen, tough.

Table of Contents

Comment

Working...
                                X