No announcement yet.

The Phalanx Editorial Office

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In keeping with the pictures theme, how about, under the Modo dcotrine piece, something like:

The Federation is protected by the 'Invincible' class frigates:
    Attached Files

Comment

• And at least we should have the Spartan logo - no?
      Attached Files

Comment

• But "University invasion" seems completely misplaced, I believe the phrase you are looking for is "Arcadia liberation"

Comment

• Nice.

And yes, make that a liberation, not invasion. Can't argue with own propaganda.
          Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

• WAAH!

You know, you could send me a PM or something if you need me. Seriously.

Okay, so we need a new issue of The Phalanx, obviously. The Modo Doctrine, governmental reform, Tassadar joining and the leftover stuff from the building of the last issue. ANYTHING ELSE?!
            Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

• Issue 6: Published.

I was thinking, maybe write up some stuff on the proceeding Uni invasion liberation and publish all Operation Arcadia related stuff in special issues until the war is over or at least safely in the bag?
              Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kassiopeia
                WAAH!

You know, you could send me a PM or something if you need me. Seriously.
                Well I assumed that if you aren't here, it's because you don't want to or don't have the time. And that therefore it would be inappropriate to send you a PM. Anyway, now we know otherwise for future reference.
                Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
                Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

• Loved the part about the Engineering corps.
                  Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

• Well I assumed that if you aren't here, it's because you don't want to or don't have the time. And that therefore it would be inappropriate to send you a PM. Anyway, now we know otherwise for future reference.
                    And I assumed there was nothing important or pressing needing my attention since no one had dropped me a PM. Don't worry, you can ALWAYS PM me, it won't hurt me or anything.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kassiopeia
                      I was thinking, maybe write up some stuff on the proceeding Uni invasion liberation and publish all Operation Arcadia related stuff in special issues until the war is over or at least safely in the bag?
                      Maybe called Arcadian Times, in keeping with the sombre, dull lot who form Arcadia's populations (PK's and UoP'ers)?

Comment

• Ooh, I like that. We, after all, have no one doing a newspaper for the Uni/Arcadians, so we could usurp that vacuum now.

Comment

• How about a name for the Arcadian newspaper? The Arcadian Times is nice, but the Gaians *do* have "Gaian Times". They aren't likely to continue that one, so I think we could/should go with The Arcadian Times, barring a better idea from someone else. I'm going to open up an editorial office for TAT.

Comment

• Or, maybe:

The Arcadian Observer, if we want to keep a British flavour (and we're observing - and reporting - on what's happening there)

The Arcadian Times-Colonist for a bit of Canadiana - (and they are now colonies of ours)

The Arcadian Herald-Tribune for a more American flavor - and we are "trumpeting" the news that we want disseminated

Comment

• I think The Observer would give the flavour and image we're wanting to give out - that we're not there to stay, merely observing and helping the Arcadians out. That, and you can never go wrong with anything British.

Comment

• An article written by Snoddasmannen, mocking the Gaians, as they accuse us of murdering Deirdre.

"O, wet pets, never have I yet been so fortunate to get companions such as you.

Unlike my cats, you do not scratch, nor prey on small fowl, nor at midnight yowl.

You are quiet as the fog; not so for my dog. He jumps and will drool, and acts much the fool.

You are beauty in motion, and freedom in form; your life's but an ocean and mine to death foresworn. But never will I be alone, long as you are in my home."

- Lyn Duedall

Debbie murdered!

Two days ago, Debbie, Colonel Maniacs pet goldfish, was found floating on her back in her bowl in Sparta Command. Emergency veterinary personell was immediately dispatched but it was too late to save her life. Though cause of death is not yet established, sources inside the Junta indicate that they strongly suspect carassiuscide. How the assailant got in and out of the area is unknown, but CSI crews have found rubber boots, worms and fish-hooks in the vicinity of the bowl.

The Colonel was devastated and issued several statements to the effect that he would dispatch Spartan troops to annihalate which ever faction was behind this, and that a "global war" was inevitable. Official Junta spokespeople later explained that while the Colonels statements may have been slightly exaggerated, it was not at all unlikely that the assailant - when caught - would have to buy Maniac a new goldfish.

What other article ideas had we currently floating again?
                                Mythical Fortress, the heroic swim of the Hunter crew... anything I forgot?
                                Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
                                Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Working...
                                X