No announcement yet.

turn 2200 - the end

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll change my vote to aye and make it unanimous. (In my previous post, I was more interested in indicating my willingness to continue being the turnplayer if that would affect anyone's vote.)

In reviewing this forum and with the benefit of a lot of hindsight, the things I learn from this game are:

(1) with the advantages of probes being "clean", we should have gone to free market before we were in vendetta.

(2) we should have allied with Morgan against the Spartans after the Spartans hit the Morgan headquarters.

(3) the "preemptive scorched earth" strategy needs to be reexamined. We self-destructed a lot more bases than the Spartans could have occupied. Was this worth keeping tech away from them.
    Unofficial SMAC/X Patches Version 1.0 @ Civilization Gaming Network

Comment

• All I can say is thanks for the game guys.

We knew at the outset that the DA are a difficult faction with their -1 police.

Being more or less landlocked due to Yang controlling choke point we suffered from lack of early other faction contact.
      On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

• any chance, we can get passwords of other teams?
        Mart
        Map creation contest
        WPC SMAC(X) Democracy Game - Morganities aspire to dominate Planet

Comment

• I had fun with the game too...

I vote we open both our forum and give our password out. I expect the spartans will do the same, if you want to read the forum.
          if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

• Yes it is customery to open the forums now to other teams.

I think what happens is that players interested apply to join the DA team forum (and we apply to join others),

I approve them and tell them our password.

Then we spend 3 weeks arguing about betrayals.

Comment

• For us one of the most interesting periods is the time before and after they invaded us.

Comment

• Yeah too bad i waited so long to wake you guys up ( )
                BTW i was writing a diplo message to chaunk warning him to tighten defenses of morgan just a few turns before they were attacked. i put it off, though...

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

• A crucial bit was losing the HSA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hercules
                    Then we spend 3 weeks arguing about betrayals.
                    Did we do it? I mean any DA.. did it,.. ever???
                    Mart
                    Map creation contest
                    WPC SMAC(X) Democracy Game - Morganities aspire to dominate Planet

Comment

• I would say THE crucial bit was no FM. IIRC we missed a few projects by one turn only.

I never betrayed anyone ever in smac...

yet

Comment

• Originally posted by mart7x5

Did we do it? I mean any DA.. did it,.. ever???
                        I guess that depends on if a certain enigma is considered a DAer

Comment

• Also I made a error with those two drop probes in Lal's territory. It was just we were anxious to get infiltration on the Spartans.

We lost the probes but more importantly if gave the Spartans the excuse to break their word and build the AV. The AV would have helped us enormously and slowed the Spartans.

Comment

Working...
                          X