Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Infotrader/Infiltrator Network - Diplomacy plug-in (III)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geo, FM was considered as early as 2136, for over 50 turns we never switched to it. That was big slopy behaviour of ours. Imagine how many more techs we could have, especially after lifting the restrictions.
    Mart
    Map creation contest
    WPC SMAC(X) Democracy Game - Morganities aspire to dominate Planet

Comment

• Please explain to me why those Spartan units were such a threat--what am I not seeing?

Secondly, have the techs been transferred to Morgans and/or Gaians yet? If they haven't, I would suggest that we not do so. They should not profit off of the death of our faction--it does us no good. Let them have the techs if they will war against the Spartans, otherwise why reward cowards and betrayers?

Thirdly, has anyone contacted the Spartans asking for peace terms? It can't hurt to ask, and they might very well be content with the blow they have inflicted upon us.
      Those walls are absent of glory as they always have been. The people of tents will inherit this land.

Comment

• Spartans are the most hostile faction to us. They never went above Treaty. They attacked us in a sneak way.
        Morgans asked us for Pact for long time.
        We ara in pact with Gaians for long time.
        We have no proof, they betrayed us.

With cooperative victory off, Morgans and Gaians will almost certainly fight against Spartans.

With all this, and especially, how Spartans attacked us, I would not bargain for survival. It will be sign of weakness in my oppinion. It is better to fight in order to inflict damage to their war machine.

Spartans have such big advantage at this time, that we probably would be seriously surprised. I think, their research rate alone in comparison to Gaian is tremendous. I think they may even have something like 500-600 labs/turn.
        Just check only their SP possesions. This should tell you about their mineral output.
        It is endgame now.
        Mart
        Map creation contest

Comment

• And there is an answer from Chaos Theory:
          I'm moving it in position as fast as I can. I won't be able to drop it into your territory until 2191, though I do wonder what you'd do with clean units.
          I may answer to Chaos Theory.
          Your Excellency Hercules, what should the message state?
          Mart
          Map creation contest

Comment

• Originally posted by foolish_icarus
            Please explain to me why those Spartan units were such a threat--what am I not seeing?
            That is the point. We do NOT see where they keep their units. All we know, that their strength is comparable to Hive. And this is in the hands of not a stupid AI, but the best players out there.
            Mart
            Map creation contest

Comment

• We ought to exercize every option to preserve our faction. Sticking it to the Spartans must come second to that. We are not lost until every last base is destroyed, and regardless of their strength and skill, it hasn't happened yet. I recognize the Morgans and Gaians are most likely not going to intercede on our behalf. They'd rather bide their time. But the chances of them going to war with Spartans in time to matter for us drop even further if we give them stuff for free. We can at least try to get a little quid pro quo. The Gaians are our Pactmates, and if they won't fight along side us, maybe they don't deserve our tech, maybe they deserve to lose to Spartans. Morgans are capitalists--let them give something in return for that which they hope to receive.

I do not think we lose anything by asking for peace. Your guess is as good as mine here of course, but I don't think they were particularly impressed by our response to their invasion--perhaps impressed in a surprised sort of way, but not intimidated or frightened, but only more mindful of how little they will get (aside from one less adversary) from fighting us. We can use this. The Spartan ethos is one of pride--pragmatic and merciless certainly, but at their heart is arrogance. They may be hesitant to stoop to eradicating a defeated enemy. We lose nothing by asking for peace terms. Whether their scorn for us grows or diminishes at this point is irrelevent. Why would they stop if we do not ask them too? The worst that can happen is that they refuse, which consigns us to no worse a fate than what we will face now.

I submit this reasoning to the Dictator of the People for consideration.
              Those walls are absent of glory as they always have been. The people of tents will inherit this land.

Comment

• Well, for me being on terms dictated by Spartans is to be on lost position. That would maybe preserve Data Angels, but we would not earn respect doing it. I would rather fight to sooner end, than bend to Spartan demands.
                And it is more about our own integrity. Surely, respect is given to someone by others, but we have to respect ourselves too.
                Mart
                Map creation contest

Comment

• respect is no use to the dead
                  That said, I partially agree with you. I would not suggest we agree to just any terms the enemy offers. But we should ask.

Comment

• Mart I would be interested in an escape/refugee option.

If we are in long term pact with Gaians, then now is the time to prove it.

Since we gave Gaians most all our techs, I wonder would they let us take over Chiron Preserve. We could even let them 'capture' one of our bases in exchange if need be.

Just a thought.
                    On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

• We need the clean option just in case Spartan plans stall.

When you destroy bases the units then become supported by the remaining bases and can clog up minerals, restricting whatever build capability we may have.

Comment

• You can ask for peace all you want but in this game winner takes all and Spartans want to be the all.

The time for talk is over.

Now is the time for action.

Set-up a 3 way pact (G,DA,M) and attack S and hope for the best.
                        You have two choices in life; Explore and learn or Vegetate.
                        There is a reason for everything.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hercules
                          Mart I would be interested in an escape/refugee option.

If we are in long term pact with Gaians, then now is the time to prove it.

Since we gave Gaians most all our techs, I wonder would they let us take over Chiron Preserve. We could even let them 'capture' one of our bases in exchange if need be.

Just a thought.
                          I have mixed feelings about it.
                          I can send a word to Gaians, but it is rather unlikely they will agree.

Chiron Preserve is one of their best bases, coz of monoliths. Giving it away for some other base on other continent, which can soon be overflown with Spartans would be not what they want. Gaian strategy is no, apart from one base coastal bases. Then terrain inland is so much more valuable for them.

I would stay on our continent, fight as long as we can.
                          Mart
                          Map creation contest

Comment

• gaians wont accept. bT told me rather pointedly he wasnt into trading bases, and i cant speak for chaos theory.
                            if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

• Well as dictator that view might have to change.

Otherwise we might roll over. I think if we have been so generous to other factions, they should reciprocate.

Comment

• Mart or who ever is our ambassador, please explore the same base exchange or refugee option with Morgan.

I remember a diplomacy strategy employed by someone who appeared weak to everyone but gradually built up a very strong force.

I know I know, it is different here and now.

Quite simply, from now on we trade as best we can.

Comment

Working...
                                X