Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hercules
    where's the Cp near Chokepoint going?
    I believe it has reached its destination. Tents are being streched as we speak
    Mart
    Map creation contest
    WPC SMAC(X) Democracy Game - Morganities aspire to dominate Planet

Comment

• Yep, the base will be named Heaven's Gate, as to put a stern reminder on Yang not to get further.
      He who knows others is wise.
      He who knows himself is enlightened.
      -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• 2 members already downloaded before me and nobody has a comment? This will be an easy turn then...
        -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• 2140 pressend

Some remarks for this turn:
          • Morgans are probably colonising atm, their population has decreased by one. Or mw's are troubling them of course.
          • Heaven's Gate is founded, I've put as first production a former, but (check the screenie, red circled tile) native life is destroying the forests on the east of it... I'm willing to take the risk of having the base undefended for a turn or three ('till the rover is back), but the final vote is on the majority of course.
          • Kodycryptor started it's second former, leave it or change to crawler/rec tank? I feel we're gonna need more terraformed tiles soon with all those crawlers cranking out, so that's why.
          • Verres' Loft started a scout patrol, will release our second rover from guard detail which can go to the Hive Synth area then next turn. Question, already let it go to Kodycryptor or wait till the patrol is finished? If the 'police' leaves the base drones happen next turn, so don't know for sure if the production will finish first before drones kick in.
          • For the second turn the patrol of Googlieplex is unable to pop the pod south of it. Nasty fungus!
          Attached Files
          -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• 2141 proposals

See for yourself, the arrows are an indication as usual.

Some things depend on your feedback of course.

Edit: O yes, checked the probe cost of the Hive Synth: 41 ec's.
            Attached Files
            -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• Heaven's Gate is founded, I've put as first production a former, but (check the screenie, red circled tile) native life is destroying the forests on the east of it...
              I have checked some turns back. This forest is destroyed already from 2135. No further damage is seen. Maybe the "pipe" spit a bit on that tile and went for the party to Yang?
              I'm willing to take the risk of having the base undefended for a turn or three ('till the rover is back)
              The area is of the most strategic importance:
              - isthmus point - naval bonus for ships crossing it
              - pushes Yangs border
              - forests with river, already solar collectors in the area.
              I would not leave the base undefended. We need rover at the moment for other tasks, but I would allow former to accumulate 3 more minerals, then hurry it with 6EC, to have next turn accumulated 3 minerals for scout patrol - we need it there badly, I think, based on those three points above. Probe team thus should stay in Heaven's Gate till regular unit is present.
              Kodycryptor started it's second former, leave it or change to crawler/rec tank? I feel we're gonna need more terraformed tiles soon with all those crawlers cranking out, so that's why.
              I would change it for recycling tanks. At this point of the game they are better than supply crawlers. Not many crawlers will be able to crawl 3 points, which rec tank gives. Mostly only 2, like forests.
              Verres' Loft started a scout patrol, will release our second rover from guard detail which can go to the Hive Synth area then next turn. Question, already let it go to Kodycryptor or wait till the patrol is finished? If the 'police' leaves the base drones happen next turn, so don't know for sure if the production will finish first before drones kick in.
              My experience is that rover should stay this turn. Otherwise drone riots will occur before a unit is complete - this is my often experience from single player.
              For the second turn the patrol of Googlieplex is unable to pop the pod south of it. Nasty fungus!
              It's already done, but for popping I would change crawler for network node or rec tanks. In this case, I would wait with popping for several turns, coz crawler will have soon 50% accumulated. let it complete than pop the pod. maybe even pop with former, 100% succes and there is a scout still for fast reaction if mindworm is there.
              Mart
              Map creation contest
              WPC SMAC(X) Democracy Game - Morganities aspire to dominate Planet

Comment

• I'd changed production to a NN before trying to pop it, don't worry... and as Herc (or was it FF?) already said: when switching in the same turn to another production and back doesn't lose the acquired minerals above 10, so not worries there too.

Ok, sofar a tie for the Kodycryptor production.

For Heaven's Gate, I had the same thoughts about hurrying production.
                -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• OK happy with that.
                  On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

• Edit: Ok switched Kodycryptor to a Rec Tanks, nothing else was argued about so I post the turn.

Time for another thread.
                    Last edited by GeoModder; October 3, 2004, 19:33.
                    -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

• BTW who's the next turn player or did I miss something.
                        On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

• No, you didn't.
                          -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Working...
                          X