X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Angels MY 2131-2140

Ok, my second decade starts.

2131 turnreport
    • Fooled a bit around with our eastern, southern and northern formers for road building now or next turn.
    • The KP formers are finished with the forest, sensor array next turn or let them start making a mine on one of the neighbouring rocky tiles (or sth else of course)? I will for sure rehome one of the formers to EM next turn.
    • KP starts our very first crawler. ETA in 2136-37
    • Moved our rover to KC this turn for assisting in blocking the Hive Synth. Steady as that one goes still south.
    • Founded a new base with Maki's requested label... Time to popup here again, Maki...
    • Relabeled 'Inland Sea to 'Hacker's Bay', check the screenshot for the reason. It appears we have only one landbridge to the north. We're quite isolated thus.
    • Gaians seem to have IndEcon now too (see Tech Intelligence thread).

That's about it I think, as usual movement proposals with the screenie.
    I wait 'till tomorrow for posting the turn in case some comments of changes that should be done to the current building orders.
    Attached Files
    He who knows others is wise.
    He who knows himself is enlightened.
    -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

2132 proposals
    • Formers near RPS to the nut tile for forest, sensor and road construction/planting.
    • KC scout first tries to move in the fungus east to check on the Hive Synth, second order in case he sits there. Rover in KC responds according the data received.
    • Rehoming of one of the KC formers, and perhaps a sensor on their current tile? Or is this a waist of time atm?
    • Probe 111: let it sit tight on it's current spot as for not to be expelled by a rogue encounter with that Hive scout, or let's be daring and head back?
    • Probe 000: check our border SE or head for the FT to pop that pod near it (it's still free of fungus).
    • Probe 101 at his leisure along the coast, but he's getting weary of seeing vast panorama's of endless ocean and beach...
    • I suggest to hurry the KC colony pod production next turn (should have enough cash then) as to claim 'base site 1' ASAP.

That's about it, time for the visual show.
    Attached Files
    -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Good decision with the rover! I had something else in mind, but moving it to KC is ten times better.
      some of my thoughts:
      - how about moving rover to the monolith north first and its upgrade, then moving a scout unit there and its upgrade. this way even if the hive synth succesfully moves into fungus, it will not block the scout from entering monolith. this will also block further synth march south. but it will be dead turn - exposure of both units for possible synth attack. i'd prefer a unit to be on rocks nearby instead, but upgrades might be good thing after all. on the other hand one unit in KC would cure drones.
      - formers near RPS, maybe one could move west to left nut tile to make a road, then move east to help making forest on upper nut. second former could move to upper nut right away to make road then forest. this way we do not loose a former-turn, when two formers enter a tile without road.
      - there is still hope for a second land bridge. maybe go east to fungus? I would not pop the unity pod that far from a base yet in that place.

I contacted Yang - still refuses to talk.
      Mart
      Map creation contest
      WPC SMAC(X) Democracy Game - Morganities aspire to dominate Planet

Comment

The scout is already upgraded normally, he had to pass the monolith on it's way north, so no real nead to let it enter the monolith directly.

000 to the fungus it will be then, you're quite right about the risk of pod popping that far out. OTOH, by the time we have bases in the area the FT will for sure have covered that tile with fungus.
        -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Geo, the decision is yours about the pod, as for me. whatever you decide, we might get Ogre MKI,
          "always investigate monoliths" is off, as I checked. if it was like that all the time, then you would have to manually choose that upgrade. I'm asking coz I have impression it was not upgraded. scout was green in 2125 before monolith and in 2127 after monolith. We had no morale modifiers at that time.
          ---
          checking first if the synth moved into fungus, as you write, is a very good idea, i think. it will possibly stop hive unit one more tile earlier
          Last edited by Mart; August 26, 2004, 18:27.
          Mart
          Map creation contest

Comment

Ah, it is possible that I omitted the upgrade. I offen try to delay that untill really necessary or it becomes a Commando to have a quicker upgrade to Elite.

No more comments coming in, I will post the turn then.
            -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

ugh... just switched ISPs (again ) though this should be the last time for a while.

Everything looks good though, and I like waiting on the monolith upgrade unless we're at war too.
              I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

Is there a price war or sth going on were you live now?
                -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

No, I wish. Just was getting dial-up free through my uni, but then I find out that there was some information on usage that they didn't have listed on the website that I got my login info off of (time quotas) so wife and I subbed to DSL for the school year (especially since her modem fried and my comp doesn't have a modem) and then they were late in getting the equipment to us.

Comment

A midsave screenie... with less good news I'm afraid...

The only connection to the mainland is on the damaged Hive scout's tile.

Most of the turn is played. Just some details to decide upon, but I'm too tired ATM to think clearly.
                    Attached Files
                    -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Well, that's good and bad news, isn't it?

I think we need a base on Checkpoint Isthmus. Will lower our worry to just one loaction for the most part re: Hive attack when we do have to go to war.

Plus, it does have a river right next to it with some forests, so it's not a bad location anyway. It'll also make sure our territory isn't pushed back so that the isthmus is in Hive territory if Yang decides to put a base any closer to us.

I mean, they obviosly have Doc: Flex so we'll still have to be wary, but doesn't the AI usually overproduce land units and missiles and not do enough of everything else?

Comment

To block hine synth, if necessary, rover might go one tile south and then north-east to rocky terrain. good place for possible defense. maybe scout could go to KC to help drones? unless colony pod is going to drive there soon, but with hive synth around it might be difficult.

that scout hive north, damaged from worm attack?

Yang still refuses to talk, in before moves turn
                        Last edited by Mart; August 30, 2004, 02:02.
                        Mart
                        Map creation contest

Comment

FlameFlash: We must certainly be wary for Probe Cruisers. The AI builds those for sure. In a PBEM I'm playing now Morgan AI is constructing 2 probe cruisers and has only 4 bases.

I can find myself in founding a base on the Isthmus.

Mart7x5: Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the Hive Synth blocked already with our troops on the monolith due to the ZoC?

Normally drones riots won't occur in Kodycryptor for I have hurried the cp production there. I remember the lessons from my stints as CyCon turnplayer that first the productions are done before drones come into play. And yes, I think so too that the Hive scout has survived a mindworm attack. Perhaps it will retreat now to that base nearby for repair (fingers crossed).

Which reminds me. We have 21 ec's left and that is enough to hurry the cp production of Enigma Machine. Do or don't? I mean, do we save some money for a possible SE change to Free Market in a few turns, or do we concentrate on cranking out our current production to change ASAP to crawler production?

I'm more or less in favour of the latter.
                          -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

My only worry is that that Hive Synth won't go north now so we're stuck with it when the Isthmus is settled...
                            -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

That hive synth might stay there for long. now that I think of it, there was a way to avoid it, but I haven't thought about it on time. If this stale-mate prolongs, maybe probe team conversion? But that would mean war?
                              Mart
                              Map creation contest

Comment

Working...
                              X