No announcement yet.

Angels MY 2112 - 2120

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nope, he uses .jpg. Bitmap would be huge (even though I don't use dial-up anymore )
    Smile
    For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
    But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

Yes I'd appreciate screenshots for the purpose of my writing for the history. I don't want to open the game files for every turn if possible.
      Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Alright I have just had a look at the 2120 turn.

First Mr Yang's synth has gone out of sight.

Thinking about that pod north of Kody: I suggest we don't pop it until we are in a position to put a temporary goodie (like a network node) in the build queue at Kody.

We might want to think about using the AA to help contribute towards an early SP at Kody, rather than for discovering a tech. If so, our formers might want to edge their way in that direction terraforming as they go, with the Kody terraformer building road and forest in the direction of the pod so as to make the AA's last moves faster.

Its just possible to hurry the former in Kody but this leave our reserves low. Still industrial Economics in 2 years.
        On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

Best to keep our reserves low now we're in contact with Yang. He might decide to get some easy cash from us...

I'll check the turn shortly (after this post), but if the synth is out of sight perhaps moving 000 back east after popping the other pod on the peninsula
          He who knows others is wise.
          He who knows himself is enlightened.
          -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Ooops. I popped that one anyway. Got a nother 'lith though! EM's former is making a similar road between there and KP, They'll have a scout for MP in 2 turns, which will free up the indy scout to cover KP untill it has one. KC and SH should be on track for their probes as well - also have the probe positioned to pop the other far north pod next turn. It's all yours now, Geo

I guess so long and thanks for all the Xenofish?
            Attached Files
            But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.
            PolyCast | Girl playing Civ + extra added babble! | Yo voté en 2008!

Comment

What do you mean so long.

Aren't you going to hang around and contribute your usual kinda off beat stuff

Comment

Yeah, I was just being silly
                But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Comment

Popping the pod on the north may be dangerous for the alien artifact. How about moving it to the xenofungus on 24,52 before checking that pod. If there are mindworms on 24,52 then AA must withdraw, if not, popping mindworms from unity pod to the north is not dangerous. I think it is worth of the risk.
                  Pod might give mineral resuply enough to finish building in the nearest base. It would be better to have network node currently building there. Is there any possibility of doing so?
                  Mart
                  Map creation contest
                  WPC SMAC(X) Democracy Game - Morganities aspire to dominate Planet

Comment

We just change the former to a network node and change it back to a former if no mineral output comes from the pod popping on 26.48. Do we want to take the risk that a random mw spawns on the fungus tile on 25.53? With our AA on the tile NW it's history then...

Ok, I gather then the next production for SH and KC is a probe, and then cp's. Else no R-P-S base Maki...

Anyone other opinions?

For now I'll navigate 111 around the pods on the northern part of Pholus Ridge towards the east, have EM and KP construct a new cp after their production is finished.
                    Any confirmation on Maki's proposed terraforming?
                    He who knows others is wise.
                    He who knows himself is enlightened.
                    -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

No I am not sure the next productions at SH and KC should be probes. I think another former and/or scout for drone control, maybe another CP. I am thinking formers can be traded in prior to IA, to help build an SP. Also our probes are surviving quite well out there.

Comment

I was thinking CP's as soon as the MP scouts got in place. untill we meet more people, we won't need more just yet, and could use the bases worse.

And I need to get cracking on the rest of those former orders!

Comment

I agree with Maki. Though I'm nervous about the Hive, Yang seems happy to simply bully us right now, so keep our resources low and try to grow as quickly as possible so that when we get closer to Yang with our northern border we have some decent defense techs thanks to all the extra bases and energy they've been putting out.

As far as the AA, it really depends on where we are when the SPs or Network Node are available for us to build at Kody (or somewhere) easily. I, personally, like extra tech, but being the Angels that might not be needed, but then again, early on, we don't get free techs that quickly, and miss early techs when we do start getting them.
                          I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

Originally posted by GeoModder
                            We just change the former to a network node and change it back to a former if no mineral output comes from the pod popping on 26.48.....
                            Geo, if I remember there is already accumulated more than 10 minerals. Half of the exceeding over 10 are lost during switch. That would be waste. I have another idea. Move probe unit to the east and wait 1 or 2 turns. Formers may be cheaply bought, but the way let it be build next turn - not to the full. This way if there are minerals in the pod - we get full price of network node (but that is optional). How about that?
                            Mart
                            Map creation contest

Comment

Originally posted by FlameFlash
                              ... we have some decent defense....
                              Maybe we could "stole" a synthmetal unit, 1-2-1 is good for defence. It will be possible to build it as backengineered as I remember it is called.
                              Mart
                              Map creation contest

Comment

Is reverse engineering allowed here? Just not with the probe teams, right?
                                I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

Working...
                                X