X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Angels MY 2112 - 2120

And away we go :
    Attached Files
    But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.
    PolyCast | Girl playing Civ + extra added babble! | Yo voté en 2008!

And the latest exploring - this map gets stranger all the time.... Oh and don't panic, that's a spore launcher over in the east - our Probe can run easily ^^ I've got my planned moves on here for next turn, tho I'm not sure whether to head toward the river on the northernmost probe (I missed Geo's comment about popping that pod earlier...) The stars are the proposed colony sites I remember from the other thread; which two are preferred? we have 22 out of 31 needed to rush the EM Cpod this turn, so we should be able to rush it next turn for it to come out in 2114 Which is also the same turn we're due Cent Eco, so maybe a formers next in the two bases while we still have Cypher1 near for MP/WormPatrol?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Makahlua; July 17, 2004, 22:39.
    But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Comment

Northernmost probe should go east into the fungus. We need to find out if there's a land bridge between us and the hive.

Was that southern colony site supposed to go there or on the other end of the river?
      Last edited by foolish_icarus; July 17, 2004, 23:15.
      Those walls are absent of glory as they always have been. The people of tents will inherit this land.

Comment

All 3 colony sites are good ones IMO. And I had that site on eye there in the south, F_I, the rainy one is better kept open for terraforming.

Maki, did we have drone riots?
        There must have been a space-time continuum breach here. I'm missing a year here...
        He who knows others is wise.
        He who knows himself is enlightened.
        -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Re the north most base site suggestion, I also quite like the tile next to it, 20,60:it has an elevation of 930m as opposed to the 19,61 tile at 10m. It means we won't have to build a pressure dome for a long while, if /when sea levels rise.
          On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

What drone riots?

After seeing that the westrenmost probe was going to loop back around to meet the northern probe, I sent the northern probe NE - and look! Forest! We must be getting near someone
            Attached Files

Comment

I'm not sure whether to head E along the forest or N along the shore with the N probe. W probe will probably continue along the west shore or close by unless I see something interesting.

Checking I was wrong on the rush, that'll be next turn since we got no mins from the alleged drone riots. Save's below forgot about no adding attachments

Comment

save
                Attached Files

Comment

Might as well take that NE probe more E since the W probe, if it's just water like it looks like it might be (okay, just gut feeling there... doesn't it look like Spain to anybody else?) should then be able to continue following the coast.
                  I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

That 'someone' can only be a Hiverian unit. Or else Buster pré-planted some forests for the Hive's benefit, and no-one is lurking there.

The forest seems to continue to the SE tile of it, only there borders it the black, the other corners don't stretch to the border of it's tile.
                    -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

I was going to suggest moving the northernmost probe north rather than into the forest, to get the benefit of a second move point. Maybe that forest is a Peacemaker's forest (you know the way it is always seems to be the peacekeepers's forests that seem to expand.) I think it's too far down for a Hive base terraforming.

Edit: Maki just noticed you were not intending to go into the forest anyway.

Note, we also discover Cent Ecol next turn. Yippee, so Ind Econ I guess.
                      On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

Formers as next production? An extra scout with the bases coming up?
                        -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Sounds good as far as production is concerned.
                          I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

Cent Ecology is now online; Ind Econ expected in 2123 (9 turns). Rushed EM Cpod for 19, will be ready to head for a colony site next turn - so which will it be? Squares for EM's Cpod, circles for KP's Cpod.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Here's the latest exploring - that forest looks placed, or has grown from somewhere because there's a pod in it SE probe is limping along at 1 MP, I'm slowly crawling along that shore.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X