Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hercules
    replied
    Geo: Open a new thread for the next 10 turn years.

Leave a comment:

• FlameFlash
    replied
    /me nods.

Thats's where I thought mart was coming from...

On the rush note, Herc's right, if a pod rushes something, you switch, you lose the minerals for some reason... not just a penalty, but all the minerals that the pod pop rush gave.

Leave a comment:

• Mart
    replied
    Geo, about twice switching without loss - that is something new to me, I have to check it. But it's too beautiful to be true
    ----
    Nope, it's not so beautiful, coz it's true. Anyway, the idea about completing former first seems much better after all. If AA gets away from the popped pod it will be safe, though going through the fungus saves one turn. It would be better to have there unit together with AA. Sometimes worms just come from nowhere. Maybe if pod popping will be delayed AA does not need to go through fungus. My concern was that if pod popping would find mindworms there would be possibility that they would emerge on a tile next to defencless AA. It would be possibly lost if mindworm would attack it instead of probe team.
    Last edited by Mart; July 28, 2004, 07:10.

Leave a comment:

• GeoModder
    replied
    copy that.
    I'll use the probe instead then to check the fungustile on which Mart likes us to put the AA in.

Any objections to rushing the former in Kodycryptor then? I mean not the fullout rush, just sufficient so next turn it enters service.

Leave a comment:

• Hercules
    replied
    Mart: I've readed somewhere on this forum that if you change a production to another item, and then change it
    back to the original one no loss of minerals occurs. Am I wrong here?
    Geo: if your thinking is to pop a pod with probe 000, my view is now to wait until you've completed the former in Kody, then put a high value build in the new queue, next turn. Atm, if we change and the rush completion is successful, we would have to start anew building a former.

Leave a comment:

• GeoModder
    replied
    Probe reverse engineering ain't allowed here. The rest is at will, even with 'acquired' units.

Thus: for the moment no probe productions anymore, concentrate instead in formers/colony pods. ok.

Mart: I've readed somewhere on this forum that if you change a production to another item, and then change it back to the original one no loss of minerals occurs. Am I wrong here?

Leave a comment:

• FlameFlash
    replied
    No, I mean, slapping a gun in the hands of a probe team and getting 1-1-2 Rovers out of the deal. That's generally frowned on, methinks. but not sure on the rest of the reverse engineering.

Leave a comment:

• Mart
    replied
    Originally posted by FlameFlash
    Is reverse engineering allowed here? Just not with the probe teams, right?
    You mean it is not allowed when you use probe team to get the tech, but it is ok when you use marine detachment to gain controll over a naval vessel?

Leave a comment:

• FlameFlash
    replied
    Is reverse engineering allowed here? Just not with the probe teams, right?

Leave a comment:

• Mart
    replied
    Originally posted by FlameFlash
    ... we have some decent defense....
    Maybe we could "stole" a synthmetal unit, 1-2-1 is good for defence. It will be possible to build it as backengineered as I remember it is called.

Leave a comment:

• Mart
    replied
    Originally posted by GeoModder
    We just change the former to a network node and change it back to a former if no mineral output comes from the pod popping on 26.48.....
    Geo, if I remember there is already accumulated more than 10 minerals. Half of the exceeding over 10 are lost during switch. That would be waste. I have another idea. Move probe unit to the east and wait 1 or 2 turns. Formers may be cheaply bought, but the way let it be build next turn - not to the full. This way if there are minerals in the pod - we get full price of network node (but that is optional). How about that?

Leave a comment:

• FlameFlash
    replied
    I agree with Maki. Though I'm nervous about the Hive, Yang seems happy to simply bully us right now, so keep our resources low and try to grow as quickly as possible so that when we get closer to Yang with our northern border we have some decent defense techs thanks to all the extra bases and energy they've been putting out.

As far as the AA, it really depends on where we are when the SPs or Network Node are available for us to build at Kody (or somewhere) easily. I, personally, like extra tech, but being the Angels that might not be needed, but then again, early on, we don't get free techs that quickly, and miss early techs when we do start getting them.

Leave a comment:

• Makahlua
    replied
    I was thinking CP's as soon as the MP scouts got in place. untill we meet more people, we won't need more just yet, and could use the bases worse.

And I need to get cracking on the rest of those former orders!

Leave a comment:

• Hercules
    replied
    No I am not sure the next productions at SH and KC should be probes. I think another former and/or scout for drone control, maybe another CP. I am thinking formers can be traded in prior to IA, to help build an SP. Also our probes are surviving quite well out there.

Leave a comment:

• GeoModder
    replied
    We just change the former to a network node and change it back to a former if no mineral output comes from the pod popping on 26.48. Do we want to take the risk that a random mw spawns on the fungus tile on 25.53? With our AA on the tile NW it's history then...

Ok, I gather then the next production for SH and KC is a probe, and then cp's. Else no R-P-S base Maki...

Anyone other opinions?

For now I'll navigate 111 around the pods on the northern part of Pholus Ridge towards the east, have EM and KP construct a new cp after their production is finished.
    Any confirmation on Maki's proposed terraforming?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X