Angels MY 2112 - 2120

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FlameFlash
    Is reverse engineering allowed here? Just not with the probe teams, right?
    You mean it is not allowed when you use probe team to get the tech, but it is ok when you use marine detachment to gain controll over a naval vessel?
    Mart
    Map creation contest
    WPC SMAC(X) Democracy Game - Morganities aspire to dominate Planet

Comment

No, I mean, slapping a gun in the hands of a probe team and getting 1-1-2 Rovers out of the deal. That's generally frowned on, methinks. but not sure on the rest of the reverse engineering.
      I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

Probe reverse engineering ain't allowed here. The rest is at will, even with 'acquired' units.

Thus: for the moment no probe productions anymore, concentrate instead in formers/colony pods. ok.

Mart: I've readed somewhere on this forum that if you change a production to another item, and then change it back to the original one no loss of minerals occurs. Am I wrong here?
        He who knows others is wise.
        He who knows himself is enlightened.
        -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Mart: I've readed somewhere on this forum that if you change a production to another item, and then change it
          back to the original one no loss of minerals occurs. Am I wrong here?
          Geo: if your thinking is to pop a pod with probe 000, my view is now to wait until you've completed the former in Kody, then put a high value build in the new queue, next turn. Atm, if we change and the rush completion is successful, we would have to start anew building a former.
          On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

copy that.
            I'll use the probe instead then to check the fungustile on which Mart likes us to put the AA in.

Any objections to rushing the former in Kodycryptor then? I mean not the fullout rush, just sufficient so next turn it enters service.
            He who knows others is wise.
            He who knows himself is enlightened.
            -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Geo, about twice switching without loss - that is something new to me, I have to check it. But it's too beautiful to be true
              ----
              Nope, it's not so beautiful, coz it's true. Anyway, the idea about completing former first seems much better after all. If AA gets away from the popped pod it will be safe, though going through the fungus saves one turn. It would be better to have there unit together with AA. Sometimes worms just come from nowhere. Maybe if pod popping will be delayed AA does not need to go through fungus. My concern was that if pod popping would find mindworms there would be possibility that they would emerge on a tile next to defencless AA. It would be possibly lost if mindworm would attack it instead of probe team.
              Last edited by Mart; July 28, 2004, 07:10.
              Mart
              Map creation contest
              WPC SMAC(X) Democracy Game - Morganities aspire to dominate Planet

Comment

/me nods.

Thats's where I thought mart was coming from...

On the rush note, Herc's right, if a pod rushes something, you switch, you lose the minerals for some reason... not just a penalty, but all the minerals that the pod pop rush gave.
                I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

Geo: Open a new thread for the next 10 turn years.
                  On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

Working...
                  X