Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And of course the save!
    Attached Files
    But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.
    PolyCast | Girl playing Civ + extra added babble! | Yo voté en 2008!

Comment

Move the probe in the forest north for 1 tile first, we won't miss a MP then. As for the E_M CP, the green square got my preference of those marked...
      He who knows others is wise.
      He who knows himself is enlightened.
      -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

I'd Go for the green square also.

I think a former and then a scout.
        On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

The pod is away, yay!

Foiled again on the land bridge, looks like we're cut off in the NW :/ Should I bring back the west probe to search the south, or have him tag along some turns behind the northern? (and despite the screen, I ahve changed EM to a Former )
          Attached Files
          But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Comment

Here's the save :
            Attached Files

Comment

Agree on the green.
              I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

New base 'Snowflake's Haven' founded - build is a former. Not much more luck with a land bridge - there's one small area that the N probe is headed to that might still possible, but I tihnk we need to look at Doc:Flex when we finish with the IA beeline....
                Attached Files

Comment

Also - rushed the CP in KP for 8 ec - was the red or yellow site preferred for that one?
                  Attached Files

Comment

I think yellow... well, what were the elevations on each of them again?

Comment

Re the north most base site suggestion, I also quite like the tile next to it, 20,60:it has an elevation of 930m as opposed to the 19,61 tile at 10m. It means we won't have to build a pressure dome for a long while, if /when sea levels rise.
                      From upthread a bit

Comment

I prefer the somewhat more elevated tile... the yellow one I guess.

The northern probe has two chances to get off that peninsula it seems... and darned those 2 Fungal Towers to the east. They'll infest the whole area if they cannot be dealed with, unless we go green at some point and use them to spawn native life and take the spawned ones over...
                        -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Yeah, Fungal Towers are a mixed blessing.
                          On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

Looks like we could deal with the closer fungal tower soon if we get a scout patrol or two out... I know it's risky, but we'd make some early and needed ecs off the win as well, and I really don't like the idea of one that close to our bases just yet... especially since we don't have any current defenders.

Comment

I could send our starter scout over to the small one - the bases grow slowly so we'd have some time.

Comment

He could be there in what? six turns? Perhaps let him upgrade at one of the monoliths (if that isn't done already) on the way to that Fungal Tower. Delayed by an upgrade it will take seven turns then to arrive.

I suppose (I really need to open a turn dammit) the bases will grow before he's back.
                                -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Working...
                                X